Flemish String Creep

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tman74

Flemish String Creep

Post by tman74 »

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Just wondering how long it takes for a Flemish string to stop creeping? First time putting one on about a month ago. Since then I've fired it quite a bit, and adjusted it every time afterwards to where I want it. This morning I noticed it streched some more. Can anyone tell me how long this generally continues? Thanks very much.

Tman74
Last edited by tman74 on Mon May 24, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
Boo

Re: Flemish String Strech

Post by Boo »

Dacron takes much longer than Dynaflight. It is more correctly called creep. The material used, the amount of wax in the strands (what the material manufacturer puts in), the amount of wax put on the strands (by the string maker) and how it is made determines how long it takes to stop creeping. Dacron never stops creeping it just slows down.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ninepointer

Re: Flemish String Strech

Post by ninepointer »

Boo wrote:Dacron takes much longer than Dynaflight. It is more correctly called creep. The material used, the amount of wax in the strands (what the material manufacturer puts in), the amount of wax put on the strands (by the string maker) and how it is made determines how long it takes to stop creeping. Dacron never stops creeping it just slows down.
LOL :D Weren't we just talking about how this same thing happened to me today? I guess that today's scorcher here in southern Ontario made for some "creepy" strings.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
crazyfarmer

Re: Flemish String Creep

Post by crazyfarmer »

as said, it never really stops.. just give it 1-2 twists and good as new
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

crazyfarmer wrote:as said, it never really stops.. just give it 1-2 twists and good as new
When you guys say this, you mean to take the string off and twist the end a couple of times? That will move the string back towards the first line on the stock?

Shot my bow last Friday and quickly got the sights lined up and the string already started moving forward by a noticeable amount.

This is a standard factory string that came with the bow.

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by NewGuy »

yes Mike, just give it a few twists to shorten it up a bit.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

"When you guys say this, you mean to take the string off and twist the end a couple of times? That will move the string back towards the first line on the stock?"

Twist one end in the same direction as the rest of the coils. It will settle down eventually. I have one on one of my bows as we speak and it hasn't stretched a bit since April
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!