Crossbow Camera Mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tman74

Crossbow Camera Mount

Post by tman74 »

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if there's a camera mount out there that would work on an Excal xbow? Thanks!

Tman74
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
groundpounder

Re: Crossbow Camera Mount

Post by groundpounder »

I know some have used "the Groundpounder" quiver mount to mount cameras and video cameras on. Some also use the rangefinder mount sold by Excalibur to mount cameras on. Similiar homemade versions have also been made.

Todd
Why ride when you can walk!
Steve B

Re: Crossbow Camera Mount

Post by Steve B »

Hi -

As with most hunters I enjoy numerous outdoor activities including snowmobiling, skiing, sea-dooing, SCUBA diving, and wake boarding.

I've had several different digital cameras - HD Video, point & shoot, and dSLR; but none have been able to get decent shots without (extremely) expensive housings for protection from the elements. Until now.

A friend of mine, who works at a ski & snowboard shop, told me about the GoPro Hero. At first I discredited the product without trying it, but eventually was offered a deal I couldn't refuse and purchased one.

This camera is AMAZING.

It will record is high quality Hi-Def: video, still shots, and repetitive stills (every 3-10 seconds or so), and comes with both a waterproof housing, and none waterproof housing.

Here's the catch - this camera has virtually LIMITLESS mounting options, including a suction cup that held on my Sea-Doo in rough conditions at over 70 MPH. My ski helmet, right ski, snowmobile helmet, and SCUBA tank all have permanently attached mounts. I will be purchasing an Excal in the next couple of weeks and fully plan on putting a GoPro camera mount on it.

I could go on & on about this product, but you can see demos at http://www.goprocamera.com/

Steve
Steve B