Ground Blind Clothing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shaftthrower

Re: Ground Blind Clothing

Post by shaftthrower »

I believe this is great way to make blind look the same all the time. I just built a blind (after using my Dog.H.) and made the window areas look open or closed all the time. Never thought about painting Dog H. Great idea!
wabi wrote:I also wear black or very dark colors inside my blind that has a black interior.

I also tried another "trick" to avoid detection last season. I also have a tree stand covering the food plot/feeder area I hunt, so I can observe deer from it, too. I noticed deer ignored the blind when it was empty (windows zipped closed), but often when I was in it with the windows open they would watch it carefully, and often avoid it as they entered the food plot. (The blind stays there year 'round. :wink:) I decided it must be the sudden appearance of gaping "black holes" in the otherwise camo landscape. :lol:
A couple cans of flat black paint and the blind soon looked like this -
blind n stands 001.JPG
I only got to hunt for a month or so last season because of illness, but in that time I shot 1 deer from the blind and watched several I passed on, and none gave it a second glance as they entered the food plot!
That blind is about shot now (leaving them out permanently takes a toll), but I have a replacement ready for late summer setup, and I've already set it up in my garage and painted the windows (and let it air out well).
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Pydpiper wrote:Camo thong. If it sunny I will bring my sunglasses too.
:lol: :lol: My first chhoice as well but if it's not available I wear all black inside my ground blind. :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
jacktar

Post by jacktar »

Everyone is right black everything inside the blind. I've got a dog house blind and last season I went as far as spray painting the limbs of my old exocet. When you look in from the outside you can't see a thing. Having said that I just bought a new exocet 200 and can't paint it, it's just too dog gone pretty. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

I sometimes go to the extreme when doing things just for the reason "Because I can" (My wife loves when I use that answer for her comments) :lol:
I may have to go as far as adding a cheap kill flash to my Verizone and make up some black cloth limb covers.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I built a shooting bench onto a non-folding metal and plastic chair,painted it black.padded and covered the bench portion with black cloth,and made some black sand bags. I personally wouldn't go to extremes but I have heard of some on this forum that might. good luck.