Trailcam Pics

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Trailcam Pics

Post by Boo »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:Thanks for looking, I know the I40,I60 ir cams by moultrie have a little shutter click it's not sharp but dull, the deer most the time freeze looking at the cam, I can hear it. Flash here doesn't bother them much, once in awhile if their to close it scares the hell out of them. The d55 that Don ordered are going to sell quick, Basspro in Richmond Va. sold over 7000 d40 cams, not made anymore, the d55 is going to do better. When I get a big buck pic I'll post it for sure.

Wes
But some won't but it because they've been told that Moultrie is crap. Too bad! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Maybe I'm over looking something but I haven't read anywhere anything about 50yrds. The MFG has the flash rated for 50 feet.
Boo

Post by Boo »

RichJ wrote:Maybe I'm over looking something but I haven't read anywhere anything about 50yrds. The MFG has the flash rated for 50 feet.
the D55 is a flash cam.

* 5.0 megapixel digital game camera
* Rapid response time
* 50-ft flash
* Infrared (IR) sensor for immediate game capture
* Easy-to-read photo strip
* Temperature, moon phase, time, date and camera ID on every photo
* Color day and night pictures
* Video clips during the day (5/15/30 seconds)
* Easy-to-operate LCD menu-driven display
* Display showing battery life remaining, pictures taken and remaining, and delay timer
* IR aim for quick and precise camera setup
* Picture delay, set 1-60 minutes
* Multi-shot pictures (up to 3 shots)
* 5 seconds between multi-shots
* Three picture resolutions
* Two video resolutions
* SD Memory Card Slot – up to 16GB
* Includes weather-resistant casing, USB cable and mounting strap
* External power port for optional Moultrie PowerPanel
* Operates on 6 C-cell batteries (not included)
Last edited by Boo on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Boo wrote:BTW, I ordered a Moultie D55 on your recommendation. From what I read on various forums it's quite a good cam. Lot's of people impressed. I'm just a bit timid of buying something in that price range. Fifty yards and 5 megs, pretty impressive and all for less than $100!
This is what I'm Taling about. :roll: I haven't read anything anywhere about 50 yrads
Boo

Post by Boo »

RichJ wrote:
Boo wrote:BTW, I ordered a Moultie D55 on your recommendation. From what I read on various forums it's quite a good cam. Lot's of people impressed. I'm just a bit timid of buying something in that price range. Fifty yards and 5 megs, pretty impressive and all for less than $100!
This is what I'm Taling about. :roll: I haven't read anything anywhere about 50 yrads
Sorry, typo! Feet! I wish it was 50 yards!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

im gonna go buy one to test:) I owe them that much to try;) I always give all cameras a fair chance just wish everyone else did the same for others :lol:

maybe soon ill have a big Moultrie sticker on my truck window 8)
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Boo wrote:
Limbs and Bolts wrote:Thanks for looking, I know the I40,I60 ir cams by moultrie have a little shutter click it's not sharp but dull, the deer most the time freeze looking at the cam, I can hear it. Flash here doesn't bother them much, once in awhile if their to close it scares the hell out of them. The d55 that Don ordered are going to sell quick, Basspro in Richmond Va. sold over 7000 d40 cams, not made anymore, the d55 is going to do better. When I get a big buck pic I'll post it for sure.

Wes
But some won't but it because they've been told that Moultrie is crap. Too bad! :mrgreen:
whats cool is that its a side by side test on here so members have info to pick what they like LOL??

im assuming im one of the some that actaully does testing with cameras :mrgreen:
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

You can have that BIG sticker. I'll take a BIG Moe Tagged on the rack of my Truck :laugh:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

RichJ wrote:You can have that BIG sticker. I'll take a BIG Moe Tagged on the rack of my Truck :laugh:

i hear ya;)
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'd like to hear a report on battery life on these cams when you get them operating.

That's the main reason I chose the Bushnell. Not looking for portrait quality images, but I like to go without changing dead batteries every few days. :lol:

Last year I used NiMH rechargables in the Bushnell and switched out 4 of the 8 every week or two. (it's a 6V system and uses 8 AA batteries - 2 banks of 4 x 1.5V for 6V - with the 2 banks in parallel. it will operate with 4 batteries only, but 8 gives twice the life) Didn't miss a pic all season. :mrgreen:

This year I'm going to try lithium batteries as soon as I get them (have them on order). They claim more range (lithiums are slightly higher voltage) to the IR flash, and months of operation on one set of batteries.
At the rate I'm taking pics now (averaging over 200 a night) I'll probably not get a whole season's life from them, but it's worth trying them anyway. :roll:
wabi
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Nice shots, Wes. Looks like there is a few around there. I haven't got a pic of a deer yet. Coyotes are around, I have shots of them.
Thanks,
Raymond
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:I'd like to hear a report on battery life on these cams when you get them operating.

That's the main reason I chose the Bushnell. Not looking for portrait quality images, but I like to go without changing dead batteries every few days. :lol:

Last year I used NiMH rechargables in the Bushnell and switched out 4 of the 8 every week or two. (it's a 6V system and uses 8 AA batteries - 2 banks of 4 x 1.5V for 6V - with the 2 banks in parallel. it will operate with 4 batteries only, but 8 gives twice the life) Didn't miss a pic all season. :mrgreen:

This year I'm going to try lithium batteries as soon as I get them (have them on order). They claim more range (lithiums are slightly higher voltage) to the IR flash, and months of operation on one set of batteries.
At the rate I'm taking pics now (averaging over 200 a night) I'll probably not get a whole season's life from them, but it's worth trying them anyway. :roll:

damn.... 200 pics a night will go through some batteries. Im curious to see how the trophy cam holds up battery wise on those numbers so keep us updated also. I was averaging 100-150 per week here. I would be happy with a month to 2months battery life on 1400photos a week :shock: 8)
ballz n jawz

Post by ballz n jawz »

awesome pics wes
Boo wrote: But some won't but it because they've been told that Moultrie is crap. Too bad! :mrgreen:
who in thier right mind would call moultrie crap?
Boo

Post by Boo »

ballz n jawz wrote:awesome pics wes
Boo wrote: But some won't but it because they've been told that Moultrie is crap. Too bad! :mrgreen:
who in thier right mind would call moultrie crap?
Don't worry, it's all baiting and trolling. Ignore it.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

LOL