Great members

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

roly

Great members

Post by roly »

Got to meet another forum member

Patti and Norm (Enormous) drove the shelby from Windsor to my home in Orillia for a visit
It's at least a five hour drive and Friday afternoon traffic to boot.
When I joined the forum , Norm was the first person I ever talked to on a forum,
He sent me some stuff in the mail no charge and said call me if you need help.
So i have always thought of him as my hero, so when they came to my lowly world
I was excited.(Moni I tryed not to babble)
My poor wife when't crazy trying to clean the house and get everything just right, never could understand women.
For us it was just a fantastic visit with Norm and Patti truly great ppl, we only could have wished they could stay
longer. they are such nice people and are now friends with faces.
Thank you Norm and Patti

This is why I love this forum so much, to have an endless number of great members
And to get to meet them too
MarkMarine

Re: Great members

Post by MarkMarine »

Roly,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I concur, there are many fine folk here I hope to someday meet.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I could not agree more. I have hunted with Both Norm & Patti & they are both really down to earth & genuine nice people. Norm also replied to a post of mine a while back & I took my first turkey with him right behind me. Makes for good company & memories to last a lifetime.

cheers
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Rick, did you ask Patty how to spell? :lol:

Truely, it was our pleasure to visit, Having Patti and another Patty in one room was funny at times.
The best part was meeting your family members that you always talked about.
That was the best part! and we felt right at home too. Thank-you for that!
Everybody wears camo of some sort and drives a pick-up....cool!
We are looking forward to the next one.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Rick, I'm glad that you enjoyed meeting Norm and Patti! I can imagine that you had a great time! I haven't met Patti in person yet, but have had the opportunity to meet Norm (and his Shelby! :D) and you're absolutely right about what great people they are!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Yep, they are good people! :D My dog likes them! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
roly

Post by roly »

Vix... you mentioned the Shelby

That ride was whole different story :roll: :roll:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

roly wrote:Vix... you mentioned the Shelby

I didn't ride in it, I just drooled on it. :D

So.... out with the story Rick, now that you brought it up! :D :D :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

VixChix wrote:
roly wrote:Vix... you mentioned the Shelby

I didn't ride in it, I just drooled on it. :D

So.... out with the story Rick, now that you brought it up! :D :D :D
Yeah Rick, what's the story? :mrgreen:
TPM

Post by TPM »

Yep, they are good people! :D My dog likes them! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's certainly going some. I always took your dogs as being anti-social and avoiding all human contact. :wink: :D

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
roly

Post by roly »

The ride in the Shelby......... Norm if those finger nail marks don't come out of the center consel
I will pay for the repair and If you haven't noticed the arm rest yet you mite want to retighten it.

I'm sure i have neck and back injuries from being thrown back in the seat
We were going up the main drag and I asked Norm what that noise was," oh the back tires haven't
stopped spinning yet", ya this is cool no big deal, then he stepped on it , the back end started to drift
and I think thats when the consel started to get damaged.
I said take that off ramp to the highway, what was I thinking, the ramp is one of those almost 360 degree
turns. When I drive I barely ever go over a 100 km an hour on straight roads, at 120 km on this ramp I
think I wimpered a bit and put a serious dent in the floor trying to get the brakes to work, from the bottom of the ramp to the end of the merge Norm said look we're over 200
At that point I was squeeling like a little girl trying to controll my bowels.Not wanting to see a grown man cry Norm took it easy on me, almost the rest of the way home. it was one of those right lane ends 200m thats where the arm rest took some damage.

Tryed to get out of the car like nothing was wrong, Im cool but my legs werea little wobbley
Norm never went fast when there was any traffic near us.
Boo

Post by Boo »

roly wrote:The ride in the Shelby......... Norm if those finger nail marks don't come out of the center consel
I will pay for the repair and If you haven't noticed the arm rest yet you mite want to retighten it.

I'm sure i have neck and back injuries from being thrown back in the seat
We were going up the main drag and I asked Norm what that noise was," oh the back tires haven't
stopped spinning yet", ya this is cool no big deal, then he stepped on it , the back end started to drift
and I think thats when the consel started to get damaged.
I said take that off ramp to the highway, what was I thinking, the ramp is one of those almost 360 degree
turns. When I drive I barely ever go over a 100 km an hour on straight roads, at 120 km on this ramp I
think I wimpered a bit and put a serious dent in the floor trying to get the brakes to work, from the bottom of the ramp to the end of the merge Norm said look we're over 200
At that point I was squeeling like a little girl trying to controll my bowels.Not wanting to see a grown man cry Norm took it easy on me, almost the rest of the way home. it was one of those right lane ends 200m thats where the arm rest took some damage.

Tryed to get out of the car like nothing was wrong, Im cool but my legs werea little wobbley
Norm never went fast when there was any traffic near us.
Norm is a mean, mean man! LOL! Any damage to the passenger seat upholstery? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

Rick, I could have went much faster but I didn't want to upset my stomach either if you know what I mean.
Sure glad your son in law has access to those special "get out of jail" coupons when needed on unique occasions. Just fortunate I didn't need it this time. Whatever happened in Orillia stays in Orillia. :wink:

Don, he held it pretty good for an Ol Man.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great story Rick! I'm sure it was one of those life experiences you won't forget any time soon! :lol:
TYE

Post by TYE »

I love this place were like a big huge family.

I had the pleasure of meeting Digger a few years back. Haven't got around to meeting anyone else I don't think. I've met people and they've said oh you're Tye from the Excalibur forum, lol. I guess that counts....

Pretty weird when that happens. To think I thought I flew under the radar on here these few years I've been a member.

Shelby right sounds fun!!