O/T Hunting Boots???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chuck Gravel

Re: O/T Hunting Boots

Post by Chuck Gravel »

are you looking for 16" boots, like rubber ones? if so i have a pair of muck boots that are really nice for hunting and i can go through water no problem, i also have 8" work boots that are steel tip and water proof by Red wing, and have had them for around 3 years now, and are the best most comfortable boot ever
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

I have a pair of Irish Setter boots that i am very happy with. I've had them for 5 or 6 years and they are still comfortable and waterproof. I bought mine at an Als Shoes store. I'm not sure if there is one in London, there's one in Brantford. TC
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

Danner....most comfortable, best boots I've ever owned...no others have even come close. I've had Rockey's, Browning, Wolverines, Herman Survivors, LacCrosse, Red Wings. I've usually had more than one model of the one's listed as well. Danner, end of story for me.
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

Danner's for me too

[quote="OMC-MOOSE"]Danner....most comfortable, best boots I've ever owned...no others have even come close. I've had Rockey's, Browning, Wolverines, Herman Survivors, LacCrosse, Red Wings. I've usually had more than one model of the one's listed as well. Danner, end of story for me.[/quote]
Dereck

Re: O/T Hunting Boots???

Post by Dereck »

Do your research then make the trip to Simcoe Ontario there is a discount shoe store there and they had all sorts of name brand at discounts.
Or watch the sales at Bass Pro I got a $140 pair of rubber boots delivered for $90.
Tenpoint Matrix
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

Dereck wrote:Do your research then make the trip to Simcoe Ontario there is a discount shoe store there and they had all sorts of name brand at discounts.
Or watch the sales at Bass Pro I got a $140 pair of rubber boots delivered for $90.

That would be Als Shoes Dereck. They do have a good variety. TC
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

Yep that's it could not remember the name
Tenpoint Matrix
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I think I've tried them all but Danners are the lightest, warmest, waterproof and feel great after a day of walking.
birddog10

Post by birddog10 »

Shotnbeer wrote:I think I've tried them all but Danners are the lightest, warmest, waterproof and feel great after a day of walking.
I like my Danner hiking boots but I'll never give up my Rockies.
Son

Post by Son »

Thanks for taking time to help....
jacktar

Post by jacktar »

for me the only way to go is irish setters. I get cold feet and got the 10" 1000 grams thinsulate. Even in a blind for hours all I have to wear is a regular pair of sweat socks. Also the gortex is still as dry as a bone. Got to keep the dogs happy and warm :lol:
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I have a pair of 1000g Thinsulate Irish Setters that are awesome. Very comfortable for walking and keep me dry and warm even in the coldest parts of the season.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Keating

Post by Keating »

That's your first problem right there.
Cotton socks have no business in a hunting boot.
A wicking liner and a wool sock will keep your feet warmer and drier than anything else.
Some people swear by the new all in one technical socks, but I wear a polypropylene wicking liner sock (about $5 a pair) with a pair of merino wool socks ($15-20 a pair) over top. Good wool socks contain nothing but wool, for warmth and wicking, Nylon for durability, and some lycra for stretch.

Added benefit is that the polypro and wool socks slip between each other, which means less rubbing against your skin, so less chance of blisters when breaking in new boots, or if your boots are a little loose/stretched after hiking in lots of water/bog.

jacktar wrote:I get cold feet and got the 10" 1000 grams thinsulate. Even in a blind for hours all I have to wear is a regular pair of sweat socks.
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

I like the Kenetrek Mountain Safari boots that are made in Montana. These are uninsulated as we seldom see any real cold temps here. They do make others with insulation for cold weather. They are expensive but my feet are worth it.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Best overall hiking/hunting boot for early season that I have ever found is the Merrell Leather/Goretex boot-it is a low cut style (approx 6-8")with good ankle supports.
These are great as a hiking and hunting boot,and are not insulated,but breath very well,so sweating in them is not a problem.
Bob Vandrish.