Piebald deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gogo

Piebald deer

Post by gogo »

We have a few piebald deer at our hunting spot and we plan on taking one or two out this year. Do you have them where you hunt or are they scarce and hard to find ?
FredBear

Re: Piebald deer

Post by FredBear »

Have a full albino doe whom just had a albino fawn this year. Land owner says if anyone shots her. NOONE hunts their land anymore. So she will die of old age, or the grill of a car. :roll: Good luck with your deer hope to see pictures.
wabi

Post by wabi »

There are a few in my area, but I've only seen one on the farm I hunt.
I'd hate to shoot one, though.

(Having a hide tanned is expensive, and if I shot one I'd have to at least have the hide tanned for display. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
wabi
phil

Post by phil »

We have a couple running around central new jersey too. There are 2 living in one of our parks down the rd. There is a mounted 6 pointer pie bald in one of our local sports shops as well.
....Work To Live....Live To Hunt
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

We have lots of white deer running around here but they aint whitetails. Over time lots of fallow deer have escaped or been let loose by the exotic game ranches in this part of texas and occasionally you see them.
Attachments
fallow deer on gas line right of way.jpg
fallow deer on gas line right of way.jpg (31.67 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

wabi wrote:There are a few in my area, but I've only seen one on the farm I hunt.
I'd hate to shoot one, though.

(Having a hide tanned is expensive, and if I shot one I'd have to at least have the hide tanned for display. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

If you don't shoot it for sure someone else will if it strays off you farm.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
mfh

Post by mfh »

We have one that we have seen two years. A small buck. No photos - sorry. First time I saw him was last year. I heard a ruckus coming towards me, got ready for some shooting when I saw this white thing running towards me. It was a real runt - I thought it was a dog. I was thinking "well, this sucks" but then it ran under me and it was a little button buck. I was thrilled. But then I realized why it was running - it was being chased by a huge red fox! I have never seen a fox running down a deer. Anyways, I saw him again a few times that year - but never took the shot. This year my wife saw him in the back yard. Still really small, but would be cool if others let him go for another year or two.