putting stands up today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

putting stands up today

Post by crazyfarmer »

finally hit the woods to start getting the 40 stands up LOL!! No joke either :lol:

It was 84 here today for the high so it wasnt so hot like its been! The woods is DRY! Hardly no undergrowth but still plenty of spider webs to walk into. I can tell im slightly out of shape. Only got 3 stands up midday between scouting and checking cams. I can taste the start of season already. Nothing like getting mature buck pics in the areas you hunt also to get your blood pumping. :lol:

With the baby due Sept 1st I have alot of work in front of me. Hopefully I can get all the lanes trimmed and other stands up before baby mod arrival day.

anyone else hit the woods this weekend? Ill sleep good tonight from the 20miles of walking hahahahaha
secret

Re: putting stands up today

Post by secret »

If i put out 40 stands here in Pa[even on private property ] i would be out 40 stands + sticks or steps.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

secret wrote:If i put out 40 stands here in Pa[even on private property ] i would be out 40 stands + sticks or steps.
I agree. Crazy you are very fortunate to have privacy. :mrgreen:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

agingcrossbower wrote:
secret wrote:If i put out 40 stands here in Pa[even on private property ] i would be out 40 stands + sticks or steps.
I agree. Crazy you are very fortunate to have privacy. :mrgreen:

some of the land others hunt but everyone for the most part is pretty trustworthy. I use alot of hang on stands so I usually take the bottom few steps up which helps from the average joe walking through the woods climbing into your stand or taking it.
wabi

Post by wabi »

We got a thunderstorm this evening and it was refreshing! Temps dropped from high 90s to 72°F almost instantly!

This heat has really put game movement on hold here, but it won't be long now until it cools down and it's fun to be in the woods again! :D
(pics at the feeder dropped from over 200 (100 triggerings of the cam) to about 100 pics in this heat with almost all deer pics being nocturnal does, fawns, and one 4 point buck. Corn consumption dropped to less than half of what it was a couple weeks ago (not necessarily bad with the price of corn). Even the coons & squirrels have slowed down on moving/feeding.

My ladder stand at the feeder is up, but I'll have to kill the wasps before I can use it. I'll wait until a few days before season opens for that chore, and hope for a cool morning so I don't have to spray much wasp killer. (might try starting fluid - had an exterminator tell me he prefers it to wasp & hornet spray)
wabi
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I got 6 up last week, still have about 10-12 more :roll: Its been hot here, and in some spots the bugs are very bad! Im picking up two more cameras today, or tomorrow. Its getting close! :)
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I use to hang stands this time of year. And looked forward to it. I hunt from the ground 95% of the time now. But i have been putting out cameras and feeders. And just finished my tree house for those cold rainy days or lazy days.
Good luck this year.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

FredBear wrote:I got 6 up last week, still have about 10-12 more :roll: Its been hot here, and in some spots the bugs are very bad! Im picking up two more cameras today, or tomorrow. Its getting close! :)
chiggers are BAD here!!!! not sure if you call them that there or not but they will eat you alive!!! You dont find out till the next day though
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Fred Bear; 18 stands? :shock:
Crazy Farmer; 40 stands? :shock: :shock: :shock:
You guys are hardcore! But if you can juggle it, good on ya! :D
Myself, if I can find the time over the next 3 weekends to put up 3 stands and construct one ground blind, I'll be a happy boy! :)
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount