NAP 2" Quikspin ST heat shrink fletching

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pcdeerslayer

NAP 2" Quikspin ST heat shrink fletching

Post by pcdeerslayer »

Has anyone tried these ? I am shooting Goldtip Laser II's with 100 gr. field points from a Pheonix. I have 3 out 12 bolts that do not fly as true as the others. They consistantly hit high right or left by 2" to 3" @ 30 yds. I suspect it may be the fletchings and these heat shrink fletchings seem to be simple and fool proof to install. If they will improve the flight of these misguided bolts and not cause any other problems, I will try some. Need some feed back please.
TYE

Re: NAP 2" Quikspin ST heat shrink fletching

Post by TYE »

Are you shooting broadheads or field points.

My first suggestion would be try a heavier head. 125gr or maybe go higher like 150gr. That will boost your FOC (Front Of Center) and should improve flight.

My second suggestion would be try you vanes with some helical. Quikspins are meant to be applied straight because the vane itself causes the spin with the kicker it has on it.

I like blazers or fusions with helical best.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

sounds like you may have straight fletched arrows..I would look there too
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

pcdeerslayer wrote:Has anyone tried these ? I am shooting Goldtip Laser II's with 100 gr. field points from a Pheonix. I have 3 out 12 bolts that do not fly as true as the others. They consistantly hit high right or left by 2" to 3" @ 30 yds. I suspect it may be the fletchings and these heat shrink fletchings seem to be simple and fool proof to install. If they will improve the flight of these misguided bolts and not cause any other problems, I will try some. Need some feed back please.
Which insert is in the GT Laser II's ?

Is it the same 3 arrows that hit high right or left? Numbering your arrows on the fletching with a permanent marker make it easy to identify and keep track of individual arrows.

Have you tried putting as different vane in the track on those three arrows to see if you still had the same results?

Also, you can try swapping out the field tips. (I am assuming you are shooting field tips) I have run into bad field tips that cause the same thing.

Welcome to the forum. I make my own arrows and I shoot the GT Laser II's, brass insert, fletched with Bhoning blazers using 4 degree right offset. Shooting from a rest I have put broadhead tipped arrows in the same hole at 40 yards.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire