Lost dog found after 4 yrs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Lost dog found after 4 yrs

Post by VixChix »

This story made me think of the dog that R.J. spent many hours trying to help find....

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/08/lost-do ... wilderness
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
CDN Taxman

Re: Lost dog found after 4 yrs

Post by CDN Taxman »

Wow! What an amazing story!

We lost our dog for three days one time and had given up looking for her altogether.

She ran away from a camp during a thunderstorm about 12 miles north of Thessalon and was actually picked up five days later by a couple driving east on Highway 17 near Bruce Mines. The girl thought that the "dog just didn't look right" and convinced her boyfriend to turn around. They opened the door and our dog jumped right in.

It was in 2003 and I'd forgotten to put her new rabies tag on so, the one from 2002 was still there. They called the animal hospital who got in touch with us. I can still remember the disbelief and tears!

The couple drove south while we drove north and we met them at the Petro Can near Highway 88.

Quite the amazing story I thought.....until you read this!

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by Hoss »

NO doubt that dogs is a surviver...WOW
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Can you imagine the elation those folks felt??!! Years of doubt and wonder what happened to their beloved dog. WOW!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

WOW :shock: Some of you may know this but I live in New Bern NC. The Wilkerson's son, George worked for our company for several years. In fact, the dog was found on the refuge where Grizz lives/lived. Man, to get this news from a fellowette :? forum member in Canada when it just hit the local newspaper today is......freaky. Anyhow, I know the Wilkersons are elated to have Teddy Bear back home. It's really hard to imagine that dog surviving that bear and wolf infested wilderness for 4 years :shock: . Hey Vixchix, how in the world did you hear about this waaaay up yonder? Before I did even 8) .

Story from the New Bern Sun Journal: http://www.newbernsj.com/news/bodycopyr ... teddy.html

Hey, there's even an article in there about some fat guy that was in the pool at the Y and................ :roll:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Ray, the story was posted on FB by one of my Airedale rescue friends - she's the owner of the Lilly in this lost dog recovery story:

http://www.airedaleterriers.org/swat/aa ... more2.html

Lilly was one of the 19 dogs abandoned by a breeder in AZ in 2003:

http://www.airedaleterriers.org/swat/aa ... round.html

Our Airedale Trudi, also a rescue, (although not one of the 19 from AZ) was much the same as Lilly when we first got her - totally terrified of everything and completely unsocialized. She's come a long way in the 7+ yrs we've had her, but she's never been a "typical" Airedale.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Wow ! .... cool story and a happy ending !

The missing pooch around my area hasn't been seen or heard from for a long while .... may be still hope ?
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "