Deer attractants in Ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: Deer attractants in Ontario

Post by one shot scott »

Some states/provinces have had a ban on this for awhile now. Im curious if it has slowed/stoped/prevented the spread of CWD. I bet it has had no effect. Im all for preventing this spread since if I couldnt hunt I wouldnt know how to carry on, but for someone to GUESS that this MIGHT make a difference without any hard facts I think they are just doing something to say that they are doing something and that makes me slightly perturbed.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

You can still eat a shitload of apples and pee in scrapes you find though, right?

:wink:
bucont

Post by bucont »

This ban kind of reminds me of the ministry's response to the emeralash borer in SWO. I am sure the results will be as succesful. :roll:
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

gogo wrote:Nobody knows for sure how cwd is spread, so they are going this route for now.The only thing I know for sure , it is better to have no attractant then to have no deer to hunt.
That is a good point. There are a lot of things they could have done to screw us over, this seems pretty harmless.
Every time I see the MNR trying to fix a problem it reminds me of a dog chasing it's own tail.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

To give you a good idea how screwed up this is . I talked to a senior CO today . They don`t know what they are to do and when . I inquired about the stores still selling the stuff . His response was that it is not illegal to sell it , just to possess it for hunting . :?
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
xbow

Post by xbow »

Does anyone know if the ban pertains to urin from deer raised within ontario?
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

The CWD issue here in Michigan is laughable. Its politics at its finest. If they don't want baiting, just ban it and say so. They claim its the close contact deer make when feeding on baitpiles either via sharing a breath of air or face to buttox contact.
If that's the case, what about deer yards in winter. Here in northern MI, its common to see deer yarded up like they have an invisible corral around them. They are face to face, face to behind, and so on. Would that not make the entire group suseptable to CWD if one had it by the end of winter? Yet, we've had one case reported, after all these years.
I hate being lied to............
In the Wind.......
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

With all these modern labs now a days . Why have they not found a single case of CWD in any of the bottled scents ?
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

What about synthetic attractants?
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

chris4570 wrote:What about synthetic attractants?
Synthetics are still okay.
ripple

Post by ripple »

I did two interviews with the MNR about using deer attractants ban due to CWD

check them out here
http://tinyurl.com/24ghy7n

Or Ripple Outdoors podcast # 221 & 222

good luck this season

ripple
JBO

Post by JBO »

MNR sounds like Wisconsin DNR, they make rules and regulations that have no scientific proof or have any common sense. Our hunting regulations in WI are ambiguous at best and you need a lawyer to translate them. If a warden stops you, you can almost be assured your getting a ticket for something. I understand we need rules, regulations and bag limits but these guy's are typical government bureaucrats and many of them are just revenue generators. They've mismanaged our deer to the point many people just quit hunting.

I must give them credit where it's due, the DNR did do an outstanding job in the placement of wolves. That they were spectacular at, they succeeded in wiping out all signs any deer population in our area in just two short years.

So don't take any bottles of doe pee in the woods boys and girls cause it will screw up the environment, give me a break!
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA