Excalibur marketing dude

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: Excalibur marketing dude

Post by Boo »

None of the Hawke crossbow scopes have zoom so you cannot adjust to your arrow speed. The XB30 is nice and bright but has a good amount of distortion near (not just at the edge) the edges. It is far better at light management than the Hawkes as well. I have an XB30, an MAP and the new single crosshair scope that is a variant of the SR and MAP. All are good scopes for the money but all fall short of what some of us want. If the XB30 had a zoom then I would call it the best "crossbow specific" scope available but it isn't. I am sure Hawke will come out with something very good soon. They are a good progressive company that has wonderful service and warranty.
I think it would sure be nice if we had an option to upgrade.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Boo wrote:None of the Hawke crossbow scopes have zoom so you cannot adjust to your arrow speed.
Don, maybe you have an earlier version of the Hawke XB30, since the new XB30 is Vari-Powered and thus speed adjustable from 210 to 360 fps.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Boo

Post by Boo »

ComfyBear wrote:
Boo wrote:None of the Hawke crossbow scopes have zoom so you cannot adjust to your arrow speed.
Don, maybe you have an earlier version of the Hawke XB30, since the new XB30 is Vari-Powered and thus speed adjustable from 210 to 360 fps.
And just maybe I am retarded and have to go and check it when I get home! It certainly would not be the first time I've been vastly wrong!
Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter »

I must have one of the newer-model Excalibur scopes that Bill is refering to. In the last 1-1/2 years, I suppose that over 200+ new-to-crossbow folks have shot, handled and mishandled my Excalibur crossbow/Excalibur scope combination and I have never had a problem.

They have dropped it off ATV’s and pick-up trucks, left it in a creek for two hours and dropped it from a tree stand; they have hunted with in driving rains and I have received I back covered with mud and God know what else. Minus a few a few dinks and scratches, my Excalibur scope functions as perfectly today as the day that it came out of the box.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Meat Hunter wrote:I must have one of the newer-model Excalibur scopes that Bill is refering to. In the last 1-1/2 years, I suppose that over 200+ new-to-crossbow folks have shot, handled and mishandled my Excalibur crossbow/Excalibur scope combination and I have never had a problem.

They have dropped it off ATV’s and pick-up trucks, left it in a creek for two hours and dropped it from a tree stand; they have hunted with in driving rains and I have received I back covered with mud and God know what else. Minus a few a few dinks and scratches, my Excalibur scope functions as perfectly today as the day that it came out of the box.
I too have never had a problem with any of the 4 Varizones or the one Lumizone. My issue is that I wanted something better. Personal choice of optics. I think that the Varizone is a great scope as a starter or for 3D.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Bill,
Any chance of a joint venture with Excalibur and Hawke or something like that? This would be a great fit for a new Excal package. I have every confidence the new Lumizones are as you say, but Hawke seems to satisfy the price-point issue such that the jump is not extreme between the Lumizone and something in the 600.00 range. Just a thought, its done quite often in the firearms industry.
In the Wind.......
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

Went through 2 varizones and 1 lumizone. shoot Hawk now. No more problems.
Tenn.

Equinox
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Bill T wrote:Bottom line, our scopes are good quality, great design, and a reasonable price. I'm proud to sell them and although I'm hearing lots of complaints in the forum today our warranty rate is quite low. How could we survive if we had to warrant virtually all our scopes the way some are claiming?
In the end I suppose that with a phone call I could get a Zeiss or Swarovski to put on my crossbow, but when I hunt all over the world it's only a Varizone you'l see on my personal crossbow. It's good enough for me.........Bill
Well said, very good scopes for the money and no, I would not pay $400. or more for a scope for my crossbow. Personally I wish all my gun scopes all had yardage markers on them as the varizone scope has. Own 2 of them and I think they are super scopes.
wabi

Post by wabi »

I can't say for sure the Leupold is the cure to my problems, but it was only $209. from Danny Miller.

It is not a crossbow specific scope, but rather a shotgun scope with duplex reticule. The top & bottom "posts" of the duplex can easily be adjusted to 10 yard references by changing the power just as you do with the VariZone or LumiZone, but that only gives 3 "yardage marks" to use.
Not a big deal to me, as I use the crosshair only for deer hunting.
I will sight in @ 25 yards with the crosshair, and a "center of the kill zone" hold is deadly out to 30 yards.
The duplex "posts" can easily be adjusted to be on @ 15 & 35 yards.

For 3-D or target shooting it's a disadvantage, but for hunting I never used the yardage marks on the VariZone, anyway.
wabi
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I ran mine over with a full size truck last year :shock: And I guess I am lucky, but I can still shoot the pecker of a hummingbird at 40 yards :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have a Varizone & i got it to shoot 3-D's with & it does a great job. Fer the money its a bargain, it maynot be the best CB scope out there. It does what it was designed to do & you can't beat the warranty. If a person is worried that it will fail on them, have a spare scope on hand
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

We are listening and if there appears to be enough desire to justify a more expensive scope from a better supplier we'll be there. Also, remember that ANY low cost scope, whether from us, hawke, vortex or leopold will invariably hail from the orient and be subject to the same issues.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Bill,
We know you'll do what's best. Just glad you're listening. I think the Lumizone issue is done and over anyways. You lived up to your reputation and handled this all as we expected!
In the Wind.......
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

My exomag I think is a 2003 model and the varizone is as true today as it was then..I admit I dont treat my xbow like a show piece.Infact it goes thru hell. Ive dropped it accidently from trees and more and its still fine....
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
M&M

Post by M&M »

Bill thank you for listening to our concerns, it shows us that what we think is important to you. Mabe at some point you could in addition to the scopes you currently offer add a higher end option for those who would want that and then the other scopes you currently offer would still be available for more cost concious folks. thanks bill
M&M