Any Spypoint 6MP users?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sopchoppy

Any Spypoint 6MP users?

Post by Sopchoppy »

Midway USA has a good deal on this camera, $70 off. www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=915649. Any experience with this one? Thanks.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
steve

Re: Any Spypoint 6MP users?

Post by steve »

look up chasing game .com they do reviews on all the trail cams
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

I build my own. But if I was to buy one it would be the Covert 2. chasinggame .com is a great place for reviews. you get what you pay for in most cases. Thats why I shoot a Excaliber :D
JBO

Post by JBO »

This site does great reviews with unbiased opinions for many of the top rated cameras.
Hard to beat the performance of the Reconxy cameras, not cheap!

http://www.trailcampro.com/index.aspx
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

JBO wrote:This site does great reviews with unbiased opinions for many of the top rated cameras.

Not to get off topic. Do you have any Reconxy pics you can post? I'd like to see pictures from a "real" user.
farmer54

Post by farmer54 »

We have been using Spy-point for 2 years now. We have 6 cameras total. 3 of the cameras are IR-B 7 mp, 2 IR-B 5 mp and a IR-6 6mp. The IR-6 is a new one we got this year. We have had no problems with them. Got great pictures day and night. We have solar panels hooked up to 3 of the cameras. Beats changing batteries. The cameras ran from March to the middle of November last year.
vortex

Post by vortex »

I have a 2010 IR6 (6 megapix). Takes great pic sand video, been in the bush for about 3 months and batteries indicator is still full (this one take 6 AA) check this link for pics
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=34774
Excalibur Vortex
Vari-Zone Scope
OFAH Member
www.wildcam.ca
www.excaliburcrossbow.com
www.ontariooutofdoors.com
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

The problem with believing TrailCamPro.com is that they sell camera's on their website. It's hard to believe anything they write since they are often touting the highest priced camera's on the market, which the make the most money off of.

It's also interesting to note that Chasingame.com does not sell camera's and their findings are nearly 180 degrees of those of TrailCamPro... :?:

Plus, from the looks of both sites, Chasingame actually tests their cameras out in the wild, rather than just walking in front of them.

That's my impression from someone who'd never seen either site until today...
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
JBO

Post by JBO »

FredBear wrote:
JBO wrote:This site does great reviews with unbiased opinions for many of the top rated cameras.

Not to get off topic. Do you have any Reconxy pics you can post? I'd like to see pictures from a "real" user.
Yes, I will have some Reconxy but my camera has been out in the field for the Summer. I had it out for two months this winter an still had fifty percent battery life. I bring it in a couple weeks and I'll post a few pic's for you. I had it up graded this Winter to the new HO it add's another 10' for night pic's, go to their website and take a look. For me it was worth the investment, with the mapping and all the other data you can keep track of it's a great piece of equipment to add to your arsenal. Pic's are as good as they are on their website.
JBO

http://www.reconyx.com/page.php?id=138
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
JBO

Post by JBO »

OkXbowHunter wrote:The problem with believing TrailCamPro.com is that they sell camera's on their website. It's hard to believe anything they write since they are often touting the highest priced camera's on the market, which the make the most money off of.

It's also interesting to note that Chasingame.com does not sell camera's and their findings are nearly 180 degrees of those of TrailCamPro... :?:

Plus, from the looks of both sites, Chasingame actually tests their cameras out in the wild, rather than just walking in front of them.

That's my impression from someone who'd never seen either site until today...
I can only tell you my experience with Reconxy cameras. I havn't try them all but I have tried three different high end camera's before the Reconxy. Excuse me, four camera's if include the piece of crap Cuddeback I also owned. I have no stock in Reconxy but for me the Reconxy has performed above and beyond my expectation. If I were to advice anyone to invest their money in a quality product Reconxy would be a wise investment.
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Sopchoppy wrote:Midway USA has a good deal on this camera, $70 off. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=915649. Any experience with this one? Thanks.
I read all the reviews on TrailCam Pro and Chasingame. Thanks to those who answered the question of "experience with this one?" The one Midway has is the 2009 model IR-A. To the point that Trailcam Pro and Chasingame get different results, just look at the trigger speeds they quote for this camera. Trailcam Pro must not like Spypoint for some reason as their "results" were way slower than Chasingame. I trust Chasingame reviews!
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone