Installing STS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

RichJ

Installing STS

Post by RichJ »

I just got my STS System in the mail today from Wyvern. What I received looks diff from other ones I have seen posted. I know everyone says to cut the rods about 1/8 and Im fine with that. From what I have here Im also going to have to cut the stoppersI guess. I haven't heard of anyone having to do that. Have they changed something here?.

I have it installed and Im well above the top brace height line to get the string from resting on the stopper.(See attached pics) Any advice or concerns please let me know.

And what the heck is this rolled up piece of dacron or whatever they sent for? What am I missing here since it was in the pkg and no mention of it. I sure as hell don't think they are concerned if I need to floss my teeth.
Rufus

Re: Installing STS

Post by Rufus »

Yes you will have to cut the back end of the rubber off after you cut the rods the dacron is to add to your serving, i did not use mine and have no trouble without it.
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

Thanks. Was soooo nice of them to put in the pgk what the heck it's for. I ran 1 of the largest Archery Pro shops in my area for 10 yrs and I was deff scratching my head looking at it. The stoppers are so soft I can't see where there would be a problem.
Q10

Post by Q10 »

You can try cutting the rods a bit more...but you will need to cut those bumpers if you want the brace height to be within the lines. A sharp pair of scissors will cut those bumpers for you.

Depending which bow you have I recommend getting the string serving extended to cover where the bumpers are...I ruined my string because the serving stopped half way across both bumpers.

Also...my bumpers did not come with the channels that yours does...must be a newer style.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

i have been lurking and learning from you all the past couple months and after i read this thread i felt i should let my experience known.
my sts came with those rubber stoppers with the channels and i was having terrible accuracy with my vortex. i found the rubbers rotated slightly on the rods which resulted in the string not lining up with the channel every shot , i went with replacement rubbers from norway which are flat, so it does not matter if they do turn since it will always be flat. i am not going to say it was a cure all to my accuracy issues but after going with the flats my accuracy greatly improved. just something to keep in mind if your acuracy goes away...jeff
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

Interesting that the one you just recieved has the cut outs in the bumbers. The one I ordered back in March this year from Wyvern didn't have the cut outs, and I'm happy it didn't. Now I just ordered one for my uncles new Axiom that is sitting with Danny Miller at the moment and I'm hoping that when he gets it that it doesn't have the cut in the bumbers either, otherwise I'll be calling Wyvern back and asking for them to exchange them with bumbers that don't have the cut outs.
RANGER94

Post by RANGER94 »

I have the same exact situation, please let me know when you cut the bumper, how much you took off and how you did the cuts.

Thanks!

Ranger94
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

After I cut the rods and the back side of the stoppers, What about cutting the front to get rid of the dahm cut outs? At this point Im somewhat pissed off. I paid 50 some odd dollars for 2 mounting blocks and a bag of crap that don't fit.

Thanks Bucks & Ducks or Ducks & Bucks (or whatever the hell your name is) for mfg such a bullshit not correct product.
P.S - YOU SUCK!
JimM

Post by JimM »

Hey all, i guess ill jump in here. my new sts had the same bumper. so what i did was cut 1/4 off the rod then i turned the rod around so the ruff side would be in the sts block. then i cut downthe rubber. the rubber lasted maybe 15 or 20 shots. so i took it up to my boys at the bow shop and he gave me a few limp saver rubber blocks..(very cool of him ) look nice but they split as well. I dont have my string resting on the blocks, its about 1/8 to 1/4" off the rubber.

Any advice ? I'm going to say that the soft rubber is better for the serving but i need to fing a happy medium.
curtisgreen110683

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

RichJ wrote:Thanks Bucks & Ducks or Ducks & Bucks (or whatever the hell your name is) for mfg such a bullshit not correct product.
P.S - YOU SUCK!

Well put!!!
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
Booner

Post by Booner »

I hope Excaliburs STS comes out soon! I just don't want this kind of a headache for something thats supposed to be made for my bow.
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

How many people have had to modify the STS System in any way?

I didnt have to perform any modification. I just tightened up the string an everything fits perfect on my Equinox
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
RichJ

Post by RichJ »

I could use them the way they are if I had no problem with my brace height being a 1/4 inch above the highest brace line. Will that kill performance of my bow? Hell to the YES! If you are going to put a product into production and 98 percent of the guys buying it have to alter your design for it to work within specs of the crossbow Mfg I'd say there is a slight bit of a design flaw. Sorry if I seem abit salty. W/o the help of some of the members here a lot of us would of been screwed.I can't speak for anyone else but I sure as hell don't like paying money for something that clearly doen't work as stated. I don't think anyone who has bought this producted signed up to be on the STS Research and DevelopmentTeam.
Last edited by RichJ on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

One size fits all? Nice marketing plan. :roll:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

thats why i love the model a member here made for me full adjustable .ready to got out of the box .DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver