I love this bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JimM

I love this bow

Post by JimM »

I have very little confidence in mechanical BH. I used them for a few years on the compound and was never happy. I had a rage two blade open on me in flight and cut the chest of a deer. Not getting pass throughs, any ways i went back to fixed blade.
So i got the new XB and i decided i was going to try them again. Yesterday morning i used a vortex mini and every thing was great.Good clean pass through , twenty yard recovery.Good clean harvest. But it was a youngin.
Last night i had a 35 yrd broad side shot on a big body doe and i just didnt have the confidence in the mechanical. so passed on the shot. When your drawing on a deer and you have all this stuff going on in your head like Will it open in flight, will i get a pass through, will i have a good blood trail, the last thing i want to do is not recover a deer after a bad shot. Even though it happens to the best of us. :(

This morning i pull out the old reliable G5 and muzzy 100 to sight them in. No adjustments needed. it was dead nut out to forty yrds :D
Just goes to show you that with a good bow and a good arrow you can shot any broad head.
longwinters

Re: I love this bow

Post by longwinters »

Yep, ya gotta have confidence in what you're shooting. Enough things can happen without having that doubting feeling haunting you when you are hunting and there aren't any "do overs".

Long