Freezing venison

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JimM

Re: Freezing venison

Post by JimM »

bob1961 wrote:
JimM wrote:after losing some deer using the white freezer paper we went out and got a food saver.
did you use just the butcher paper by it's self or did you use plastic wrap and get an air tight seal on the meat first....

It was just the paper. What ever a butch would use. It was before i started doing my own meat.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

We used paper for a long time, switched to Zip lock freezer bags last year for ease of use. Today we are going to take advantage of that sale at Canadian tire and try the vacuum route.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

yeah the plastic wrap works like a vac sealer does to get the air space off the meat :wink: .........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Food Saver, indubitably!!!!! :D Do ALL meat, fish and even some vegis. I reuse the bags too- some 4-5 times- after washing them with soapy water, letting dry upside down in dish rack.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Pydpiper wrote:We used paper for a long time, switched to Zip lock freezer bags last year for ease of use. Today we are going to take advantage of that sale at Canadian tire and try the vacuum route.

I had a blast sealing empty pop cans :)
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

I have the Foodsaver brand and I can tell you without a doubt that I have NEVER had that problem with the seal lifting on me and I take mine off the Foodsaver as soon as it stops.
JimM

Post by JimM »

Morangus wrote:I have the Foodsaver brand and I can tell you without a doubt that I have NEVER had that problem with the seal lifting on me and I take mine off the Foodsaver as soon as it stops.

Dito