Youth hunting day Saturday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Youth hunting day Saturday

Post by crazyfarmer »

Cant wait... I'm taking both my kids. My daughter is 9 now but she doesnt have the urge to shoot anything alive yet. However, the rugrat of my genepool is taking up the slack. I have a Pardner youth 410 which I put a 2inch shorter stock on ready to go for him. Also topped with a truglo red dot scope. Needless to say, he has been killing a bunch of bottles filled with water the past few weeks. Last Saturday he took his first dove with my old 410 since we hadnt gotten his back from the gunsmith. I couldnt believe it! I killd my first dove with that exact 410 and now so had he. Talk about memories!

well now his .410 is back. Im getting slugs for that tomorrow and we will site that in before Saturday. I have a perfect field corner ready to place the groundblind. Its been 4-5 doe every single afternoon their so hopefully, just hopefully he bags his first deer at the age of 6!

he's got the bug.. every bird or critter he see's he wants to hunt :lol: Not sure where he got all of this from :?:

love the youth day concept since it gives kids a chance to get out and hunt before season. They can even use guns of coarse. One day only though and then the next weekend is the start of archery season 8)
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Re: Youth hunting day Saturday

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

Looks like a H@R Topper model still have mine. Shot my first turkey with that gun, and as I recall another forum member killed a turkey that day as well. lol :D Those are great guns to start out with. Groundhogs, crows, squirrels nothing was safe on the farm. Good luck to your son and daughter hope they each harvest a monster.
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.
dutchhunter

Post by dutchhunter »

good luck crazy you got him going on thr right foot want to see lots of pics DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Best of luck to your son and you crazy!
I sure do admire the way they allow a kid that opportunity, the rest of the world could learn from that example.
Looking forward to the pictures!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
catcher

Post by catcher »

Very nice. I hope he puts a hole through one. Good luck to you both. I wish we had a youth day as well , it would be a great way to get young hunters hooked for life.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

Good on ya crazy!

He is going to remember the upcoming hunt for all the days of his life.

I think we all remember our first....... uh........hunt. :D