messy firebolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

messy firebolts

Post by strum »

I just got a 6 pack of firebolts from an reputable online company..And I am shocked at how bad the glue job is..
I have been fletching my own arrows for at lest 15 years now so I kinnda know what to look for..
I guess i didnt realize they were Green and black and brown (whitch is going to be hard to find at night) But thats not the issue ..What Im gripping about is the fleching glue is very messy..I know a little glue is ok but inbetween the vanes its very rough..like they just dont wipe the excess ..What gives?
i havent shot them yet so i just hope that dosent creat a problemm..anyone eles have this on their firebolts?
I went with them because i have always liked easton.Im not so sure now..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
awshucks

Re: messy firebolts

Post by awshucks »

For those who don't know...the Bitzenburger is a fletching jig!
I was thinking a six pack cooler! :mrgreen: Not!
"Eze 18:21"
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

We sighted in my friends bow with new firebolts and when hand tightening the broadhead they came loose and were spinning. Sure enough two inserts came off in the foam target. Upon recovery you could see they only had a small drop of adhesive. Very bad QC.
End of the road

Post by End of the road »

I had the same problem a short while back both with really messy glue jobs on the vanes and loose inserts up front. I lost several inserts and field points on the first few shots into a target bag. I talked to my local dealer and he replaced the box of arrows for me. There was hardly any glue at all on the inserts. The replacement box he gave me had really bad glue jobs around the vanes which I did not notice until I got home. Drip runs and big globs of glue on the shaft. I called Excal and they said that they had had some problems with gluing recently. I got a return authorization for the box with the bad glue job but have not had the time to send them back yet so don’t know how good the newer stuff is.

It made me a bit nervous about using the Firebolts for this season so I bought a box of aluminum 2219’s which I have had no problem with. However, I have now removed and re-glued all my Firebolt front inserts and am thinking I will probably use them this year instead of the 2219’s.

At about $10 an arrow one would expect better quality control but stuff happens and a manufacturer can get a surprise now and then from their suppliers. The real point is that Excal gave me an RA without any hassle and if I ever get around to sending it back I expect the replacements will be fine. Give them a call.
Stash

Post by Stash »

Excalibur fletches their arrows in-house. The fletching machinery is mostly automated - it's possible sometimes the glue applicator gets gummed up and some arrows get through a bit messy.

I may be wrong but I believe the inserts are glued in at the Easton factory. It would be impossible for Excalibur to test every one, or even to do significant QC testing on the inserts.

I'm not saying this is an excuse for poor quality, just a possible reason. I'm sure they will make it right and do whatever they can to make sure the problem is fixed.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Stash wrote:Excalibur fletches their arrows in-house. The fletching machinery is mostly automated - it's possible sometimes the glue applicator gets gummed up and some arrows get through a bit messy.

I may be wrong but I believe the inserts are glued in at the Easton factory. It would be impossible for Excalibur to test every one, or even to do significant QC testing on the inserts.

I'm not saying this is an excuse for poor quality, just a possible reason. I'm sure they will make it right and do whatever they can to make sure the problem is fixed.
The inserts are done by Easton.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
strum

Post by strum »

I did a post called re;messy arrows..
I guess it wasnt seen,,but anyway,,called excal..
No problems at all the guy was very pleasent to talk with and he is sending me a new set ..he said they did have a problem at one time with the glue process and he said those were an old set..I got them from an online dealer so they may have been sitting around a while in their warhouse..
Excalibur has the best service i have ever seen ..
I couldnt ask for any better ,,sending me a new set and gave me the option of some brighter colored vanes..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16