New rules for Chronic wasting disease

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

swiftfox

New rules for Chronic wasting disease

Post by swiftfox »

Has any one read the MNR's posting on the new rules for c/w. Look's like the doe pee stay home this year. If I read it right we can't use any bottled pee! :?:

Any other information or thoughts would be helpful, thanks
On the MNR site under new information/hunting and wildlife
Swiftfox
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
Dereck

Re: New rules for Chronic wasting disease

Post by Dereck »

Only synthetic stuff
I have a copy of the letter from OFAH but don't know how to post it here.

Any way no doe urine or tarsel gland allowed.

Tinks makes a synthetic that I saw TSC
Tenpoint Matrix
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Walmart and Canadian Tire stores around the Essex county area carry the synthetic stuff as well.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Also cannot cut out glands and use them...
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't knowed nutten about yer laws up there. I see this every year since all of this sell deer hunters stuff became popular. I haven't used any of that stuff in well over 30 yrs. I do my homework, i watch i track i look where them tick toters are coming from & going to! I set up my stands to their patterns & trails, i may not kill the biggest Buck in the woods but we eat well. Thats hunting, i have no crops of any kind with-in 10 miles of me. Quit buying that stuff & making someone else rich!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

It bothers me that a retailer can sell an item that's illegal in their area to actually use. Last year in Virginia there were several stores with a sign out front, "deer corn", yet, it was illegal to actually feed it to the deer(baiting or not).

Just be aware . . .just because a retailer is selling something doesn't mean you can use it legally.

I've seen that issue with everything from mufflers to deer feed.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
TPM

Post by TPM »

The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
reaper

Post by reaper »

goodday i havent nothin of this i make my own from the testies vodka tonquin glycerine would that be gone too thanks reaper
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

People have been using these products for years in Ontario and still no cronic wasting disease documented in Ont. HMMM :?

Welcome to Canada the land of the running scared GOV
Gotta due something so it looks like were addressing the issue.
Tenpoint Matrix
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Buggs here in Saskatchewan CWD is a big thing, lots of depopulating large herds helps.

I was talking with a elk rancher, many Elk farms up here were devestated with CWD. He said it originated in Yellowstone national park many years ago, when they fed a starving Elk herd.
They were fed entrails of other ruminents and the rest is history.

Just like BSE in cattle, don't be feeding vegetaian animals, ground up animal parts.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Im going to say it: I cant take this new law seriously. When/if I use a scent its hanging only for the time im in a stand. I hang it from a branch and any deer(im a meat hunter) that gets within 10 feet of that wick is going down. When Im done hunting it goes with me. I will be so bold as to say no CWD is going to spread that way. If you use a drag it could. banning certain methods would make more sense than an outright ban. There is also no way for that CO to tell if that bottle labeled "synthetic" is truely synthetic unless he tests it and that wont happen. It a knee jerk reaction to a problem that does not exsist yet and in the name of prevention they should be eliminating bait piles first. ( I bet its coming!!) All this does is give them a warm fuzzy feeling about themselves because they think their doing something but all it does is eliminate one more of our hunting practises that in the end will hurt the small business man.

Legal to sell, not legal to use?? No shutting down the deer farms?? Thats the joke that is the Ontario MNR :roll:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
EQUINOXHNTERVA

Post by EQUINOXHNTERVA »

sumner4991 wrote:It bothers me that a retailer can sell an item that's illegal in their area to actually use. Last year in Virginia there were several stores with a sign out front, "deer corn", yet, it was illegal to actually feed it to the deer(baiting or not).

Just be aware . . .just because a retailer is selling something doesn't mean you can use it legally.

I've seen that issue with everything from mufflers to deer feed.
Walmart still has deer corn as of yesterday on a pallet in sporting goods at the local Virginia store here. Almost bought some so they would have me on tape. NOT!!!! :D :D
2009 Equinox, Easton Powerbolts, S5 system, 100 gr. spitfires. Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are.