Broadhead Review

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kelley

Broadhead Review

Post by Kelley »

I am sure you have read my ravings about the Spitfire 100g 1 1/2" cut mechanical broadhead. I decided I wanted a larger cutting broadhead so bought the Spitfire maXX 100g, 1 3/4" cut and proceeded to shoot them 100 shots. Best group I could was 4". I bought 12 of them and have shot all with same results. I tried everything I know and have learned on this forum to get them to shoot tighter groups to no avail. All arrows were same weight(427g) with the with the broadhead(same as my original spitfire 100g). I am going to throw the 1 3/4" ones away. Would not sell or give these POS to anyone. BUY AT OWN RISK!!!
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Farmer

Re: Broadhead Review

Post by Farmer »

Not trying to be offensive at all, but have you put the arrow and broadhead thru a spin test ?
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

some combos just wont work.. nothing we can do about it but try something else :D

dont want to plug anything at all, but if you want a 2inch cutting surface maybe try the rage 2 blades? Not saying that because I use them, but they are doing pretty well for the big blades

goodluck man
Michael Stogre

Post by Michael Stogre »

Perhaps you could try a high to extreme FOC before giving up on these. Spitfires don't open until impact so they should
fly better. I took my first crossbow deer with a chinese clone of the Barnett wildcat using the original spitfire so I know
they can work wonders.

Try for example an arrow with a brass insert of say 110 grains and see what happens, or try the maxima hunter arrow
with built in weight forward. Just a thought for your consideration. I also find the 150 grain bolt cutter flies well out of
my phoenix. There is also a 175 grain slick trick cross bow broadhead!
MJS
I would like to live like a river flows
Surprised by its own unfolding.
(John O'Donohue)
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

"Perhaps you could try a high to extreme FOC before giving up on these. Spitfires don't open until impact so they should
fly better. I took my first crossbow deer with a chinese clone of the Barnett wildcat using the original spitfire so I know
they can work wonders."

I am shooting easton carbon arrows with plastic nocks, blazer vanes, and brass inserts wit a 18% FOC. I shot my 100g 1 1/2" Spitfires cutting same hole out to 40 yards.

"Not trying to be offensive at all, but have you put the arrow and broadhead thru a spin test ?"
No offence taken, I did spin test and rolled all the 18 arrows on a flat surface to see if any of them were not straight.

I marked the vanes and shot with all three inside rail(each arrow three times) with same results.

"Keep trying, Kelley. Walk away for now and try again later."

I ran away from these POS Bob. :mrgreen:

Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire
wabi

Post by wabi »

Had to google them to see what they look like.
If you still have them I'd suggest an experiment.
It looks like that front blade is removable, if it is try removing it & shooting them. Just curious if that could be trying to steer the arrow. :?
wabi
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Thanks Mike, Will try that tomorrow. I looked at all of the with the naked eye and small cutting blade appeared to be on correctly. I worked in a machine shop for several years so have a eye for close tolerances.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Spitfire