Ohio does it again!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FredBear

Ohio does it again!

Post by FredBear »

The opening weekend in Ohio has seen two 190 inch deer go down. I think it's about time other states start looking at how Ohio's dnr is going about manageing their deer. It's working!! :D

http://www.american-hunter.com/ohio-...mine-this-time

http://www.cleveland.com/outdoors/in...ophy_deer.html
Last edited by FredBear on Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
raydaughety

Re: Ohio does it again!

Post by raydaughety »

Man what a buck!!!!!
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

yeah but :?: the state of PA don't have the rich farm soils that ohio and other mid west states have....plus PA is right next to ohio and has a 4 point to one side regulation on the west side of the state where the other 2/3 of the state has a 3 point rule....you can't compair apples to donuts with as many hunters PA has that goes by "if it's brown, it goes down" rule :roll: ....PA dosen't limit out of state hunters that ohio and most if not all mid west states do, plus we have close to 100,000 out of state hunters most years that only hunt a few days each year and shoot's what ever walks by....PA just can't compair to other big buck states.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Bob your Dnr is making a big effort with the antler size regulation. I feel its a good law! Ohio get's a TON of out of state hunters too. You don't have the rich soil, but you do have vast acres of woods. Each state has pros, and cons. Since your aware of all the problems PA has ex: its brown its down. etc. Do you go against the grain of this? Or do you fall under the theory if I don't shoot it someone else will?
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

no i shoot what i want in my freezer....i see deer when ever i go out, but i also go out when the time is right to see deer....just driving around all year to the store and here and there i see where the deer are and have never had troubles getting deer when hunting season's roll in....plus i don't go out when every body else is out too....most of the time i'm not out the 1st week of regular deer season, plus i don't own or hunt with any center fire rifles just archery equip and flintlocks....so i have the 6 weeks in fall archery, the 2nd week of regular deer season then bout 3 weeks of winter archery/flintlock season after xmass....so out of bout 10 weeks PA has for deer season's i miss the one week the orange army is out and bout :lol: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Nice bucks!

We don't have so many big ones down here in the southern part of the state, but
I'd settle for one of these guys, though. :wink: :lol:
bucks.JPG
wabi