Back to civilization - PICS ADDED

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tom

Back to civilization - PICS ADDED

Post by Tom »

Well I am back from my deep woods excursion. 4 weeks of hunting and fishing, not bad but not what I wanted. The fishing was good, ate all the walleye I wanted & was still able to bring back 4 (the limit) between 15-18 inches. The grouse was more difficult but ate some there and was again able to bring back my limit of 15. Now the moose, it started out well with my scouting, found 3 nice sheds, two from about 4.5 year olds and 1 from a year and half. The trail cam got 5 good pics of moose (3 different moose), all bulls, but then things started to unravel. I left the main area alone for over a week, to stay out of there, but 2 days before the season, a new group of hunters, 10 in all showed up to hunt cows. Even though they told me that they would not interfere with me and my hunt of the Bulls, I got pics of them trapsing all over the area I told them I was hunting with my dad.

Once the season started, I never saw a bull or even had any sign of them in my area, then the winds and rain came. One 24 hour period we had 50mm (2 inches) of rain, I also think that I got one day of sunshine during my moose hunt. But hard to believe but the bulls were not even in the rutt yet, not even a sign of moose running the trough the sand hills. Had to come home without fill my covented bull take with a week and a half left in the season, my dad was starting to feel the hunt, even though he did not go out after moose too much.

Since I have not been able to read all the posts since I have been gone ....... Good luck to all hunters, Congrats to all that have been successful ..... even if |I wasn't :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by Tom on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
vixenmaster

Re: Back to civilization

Post by vixenmaster »

Hey Tom, glad you got some grouse & caught some good eating fish. Sorry those other ppl messed up yer Moose hunt.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wabi

Post by wabi »

Walleye & grouse are good eating, but a moose would have been nice, too.
Sounds like a good trip, anyway.
wabi
Blue Lk

Post by Blue Lk »

I just got back myself,I spent 8 days at moose camp but had to come home early due to family commitments.First 2 days the moose were pretty active ( we saw 11 between 5 guys)then the weather turned on us,warm & the wind would not blow in 1 direction for any length of time,they stopped moving & fresh sign was nonexistent.
I had a bull coming in 1rst morning but got out cowed by a cow.He stayed in the fog bank about 50/60 yds out,I heard him & the cow doing the dirty :oops: in the shallow water on the lake (200 yds of blowdown between them & me).
We saw dozens of grouse but let them all walk.(I can hunt birds within a few miles of home)
Not 1 other hunter in the area except the guys in our group.
It was an excellent trip even if we never got a shot off.
My 2 buddies were staying out for a couple more days.The temps dropped last night,maybe they got lucky.
munch

Post by munch »

Blue Lk wrote:I just got back myself,I spent 8 days at moose camp but had to come home early due to family commitments.First 2 days the moose were pretty active ( we saw 11 between 5 guys)then the weather turned on us,warm & the wind would not blow in 1 direction for any length of time,they stopped moving & fresh sign was nonexistent.
I had a bull coming in 1rst morning but got out cowed by a cow.He stayed in the fog bank about 50/60 yds out,I heard him & the cow doing the dirty :oops: in the shallow water on the lake (200 yds of blowdown between them & me).
We saw dozens of grouse but let them all walk.(I can hunt birds within a few miles of home)
Not 1 other hunter in the area except the guys in our group.
It was an excellent trip even if we never got a shot off.
My 2 buddies were staying out for a couple more days.The temps dropped last night,maybe they got lucky.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GASTATION ON THE CORNNER WE WHERE GOING TO SPEND THE NIGHT THERE AND THE PLACE WAS BURREN DOWN. WE HUNTED PACKWASH.SAW A BULL ON THE WAY IN THEN SHOT 3 BEAR BETWEEN THREE OF USE. WE DID HAVE BULLS IN A FEW TIMES BUT WARM WEATHER AND WIND SUCKED
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Blue Lk

Post by Blue Lk »

munch wrote: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GASTATION ON THE CORNNER
Village Corner caught fire about a month ago,word is that the owners hope to bebuild & open for May 2011.That place employed about 35 locals between pumping gas,resteraunt,selling bait & the different shops.It is missed in the village of Vermilion Bay.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Thanks for the replies and CONDOLENCES :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have finally got to download some of my trail cam pics so I thought I would show you what I was after (you know the before and after pics).

Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]