lumi-zone rear bell loose

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pa vince

lumi-zone rear bell loose

Post by pa vince »

After shooting my phoenix I noticed that the rear bell "not the focus adj." is very loose. It can move in all directions with very little pressure. the rest of the scope is rock solid. Anyone know how to tighten the real bell?
pa vince

Re: lumi-zone rear bell loose

Post by pa vince »

After taking the scope off I found a small set screw on the bottom of the bell, thank God it did not fall out. I had to use a small screw driver the kind ya tighten up your glasses with to tighten it. Can't get much torq on it with that thing. Guess I will loc-tight it and hope for the best.

bstout thanks for the number. It is getting so close to the deer season I kind of got a little nervous when I found it loose.I just called Danny but he was to busy to talk, I left him a message explaining my problem. Thanks for the quick reply.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

pa vince wrote:After taking the scope off I found a small set screw on the bottom of the bell, thank God it did not fall out. I had to use a small screw driver the kind ya tighten up your glasses with to tighten it. Can't get much torq on it with that thing. Guess I will loc-tight it and hope for the best.

bstout thanks for the number. It is getting so close to the deer season I kind of got a little nervous when I found it loose.I just called Danny but he was to busy to talk, I left him a message explaining my problem. Thanks for the quick reply.
Yikes, what time did you call? I was on the phone w/ him for about a half hour today. He keeps putting me on hold while he answers other calls, knowing I don't mind a bit.

I can't recall the intricacies of the L-zone I had, but that doesn't sound like the 'A' answer to me.
"Eze 18:21"
pa vince

Post by pa vince »

Spoke with Dan Miller today about the loose bell and he said do not even mess with it. Just send it in and he will send me a new one. How could ya beat that? Ya gatta love Excalibur!!
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

I wish I had of read this way before I headed up bear hunting. I had the problem while in the woods and thought the bell was just loose. I turned it and it tighened and also screwed up the scope. Needless to say but I'm NOT very happy about the issue.

To start This should be pinned to the top to warn others of the same problem with these scopes and if these has been a problem then fix it. Loctite the screws from moving , T do it to every scope mount I put on guns and never have had a problem with the recoil loosening the screws...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
pa vince

Post by pa vince »

Well I got my brand new lumizone back from Dan Miller today and after sighting it in I tried the light settings and to my suprise the settings are now like a rheostate. The only click on the settings is the one for either on or off? My other one had a click for all settings 1 thru 11. Is this something new or am I still having a little bad luck? It does work fine like this, but I just want to make sure that this is the way it is supposed to be.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Yes that's new and just fine.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

pa vince wrote:Well I got my brand new lumizone back from Dan Miller today and after sighting it in I tried the light settings and to my suprise the settings are now like a rheostate. The only click on the settings is the one for either on or off? My other one had a click for all settings 1 thru 11. Is this something new or am I still having a little bad luck? It does work fine like this, but I just want to make sure that this is the way it is supposed to be.
Hey pa vince,

My friend is a long-time Excalibur crossbow hunter and when he set my rig up for me last year he noticed the same difference between his Lumizone and mine. Mine clicks only on and off, his clicks at each setting. I guess both styles have their benefits but the rheostat version seems to be the standard now. Does yours light up properly at each setting? Mine flashes between dim and really light and sometimes I have to play with the dial a little to get it just right. I don't worry about it too much though, most of the time the lighted reticles are off.

Have fun hunting!
pa vince

Post by pa vince »

Thank's all for the reply's, I feel a lot better about it now. Mine lights up just fine at all setting's and I actually like it better this way. Good luck to all on a successful season.
Thanks again.