OT: For Canadian Firearms Owners, RE: Wendy Cukier

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DirtyGun

OT: For Canadian Firearms Owners, RE: Wendy Cukier

Post by DirtyGun »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le1743945/

What a load of bunk.

Check out the comments section. Better yet, comment yourself.
Hazmat

Re: OT: For Canadian Firearms Owners, RE: Wendy Cukier

Post by Hazmat »

I went to post a comment and this is what came up!

Comments have been disabled
Editor's Note: Comments have been closed on this story because an overwhelming number of readers were making offensive statements about other commenters and/or the individual or individuals mentioned in the story. That kind of behaviour is a breach of our commenting policy, and so the comment function has been turned off. We appreciate your understanding.
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Yep. Turns out comments were disabled due to the personal attacks from the ANTI gun crowd on the PRO gun crowd. Funny, that.

Having been involved in many of these debates, both online, over the phone and in person, I have come to the conclusion that the vast number of people from the law-abiding firearm owning community are intelligent, civil and well spoken. Many are professionals, or, professional tradesmen who own their own business who have disposable income, solid family structures and a mortgage (or one that's paid off). On the flip side, I have been called many nasty names by the 'anti' crowd, without provocation and without retaliation. This, is not surprising, since the 'anti's' arguments are always based on misinformation and emotion, whereas the 'pros' arguments are always based on logic and common sense.

It's a battle the antis know they are currently winning, but, a war they know they cannot.
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Misinformation and emotion run this country!!Not common sense!!
The best things in life are not things!!
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

Darn, I wanted to see the article.
Must have been a good flame war!!

I still can't stand being treated as if I am Marc Lipine. I didn't do it.

Has the real story of how he was raised made as public. He was abused by women and the Dept. of Social Services let him down.
Why are they not ranting against poverty, which is the underlying cause of most crime.

Why don't they help at the border and search for all the illegal handguns crossing the border. Anti's like to whine, this is the flavour of the decade.

I think if an Anti was in a deer/car crash, they may rethink a controlled harvest is OK.
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I really need to get a better grasp on politics, I vote to who is going to let us keep our rights as outdoorsmen (and women :D ), but that is about the depth of my understanding.
I think I lost balance by moving back and fourth from Canada to the US as many times as I did, I would like to learn more about this government.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Lakelover wrote:Darn, I wanted to see the article.
Must have been a good flame war!!

I still can't stand being treated as if I am Marc Lipine. I didn't do it.

Has the real story of how he was raised made as public. He was abused by women and the Dept. of Social Services let him down.
Why are they not ranting against poverty, which is the underlying cause of most crime.

Why don't they help at the border and search for all the illegal handguns crossing the border. Anti's like to whine, this is the flavour of the decade.

I think if an Anti was in a deer/car crash, they may rethink a controlled harvest is OK.

All the comments are still there. They're just disabled. At least, I'm disabled from commenting further. There are new comments in there since the comments board was supposedly 'shut down'. I know two Globe staffers who are target shooters...hmmmmmmm....
Boo

Post by Boo »

What is truly nuts about Wendy Cukier's campaign is that the firearm used by Marc Lépine was never touched by legislation.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Funny, I just did a Turkey hunting interview by phone last night with a writer from the Globe and Mail paper on Thanksgiving :lol:
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Boo wrote:What is truly nuts about Wendy Cukier's campaign is that the firearm used by Marc Lépine was never touched by legislation.
Any idea how many farmers have a Ruger Mini-14 in their house? It's one of the most widely-used varmint control guns used in rural Canada. It would be different if there were only 100-200 of them or so owned by target shooters and if they were restricted. They would have been swept up the minute C-68 came to be.
Stash

Post by Stash »

One thing I have never heard asked of a pro-registration advocate, and answered, is how exactly does the long gun registry "save lives"?

They always say "the gun registry saves lives" and "Police use it every day". Well, police use toilet paper every day too, but it doesn't mean it has anything to do with saving lives.

I can imagine see a scenario where police are called to a potential violent crime scene such as a domestic disturbance or a hostage situation. They check the gun registry - OK, no guns registered, so it's perfectly safe to just wander in.

Or they stop a car whose driver is acting suspiciously. They check the plates, the car is regsitered to a guy who has a registered shotgun. Are they going to approach this guy any differently than they would a guy who doesn't have a registered shotgun?

Next time you come across a politician or any other pro-registry advocate, ask them these 3 questions.

How many crimes are committed annually by licensed gun owners, using registered firearms?
How many crimes are committed annually by licensed gun owners, using unregistered firearms?
And finally, if the unregistered firearms had been registered, how many of these crimes could have been prevented, and explain exactly how having them registered could prevented the crimes?
XCaddis

Post by XCaddis »

This woman is a typical zealot...I write off anything that comes out of her mouth. I will work as hard as I can to debunk her lies at any opportunity.
XCaddis

Excalibur Exomax
STS
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder

Guns are part of our Cultural Heritage. Please respect our diversity!!