O/T What a crappy outing...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

curtisgreen110683

O/T What a crappy outing...

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

I went out Saturday morning because it was Ohio Fall turkey opener and didn't see any turkeys. As I was sneaking through the beans I walked right up to a MOSTER 1/2 rack 10 point, Mr. High Five as we call him @ 30yds, had a 5 minute standoff then he sprang away. Can't say I blame him, I was shaking like a leaf. 20 minutes later, dropped down over the hill to set up my climber to a small 6 pointer headed straight at me at 60 yards, 15 minute stand off until he cleared out at a slow stroll. Got up the tree and settled in and here he comes again but nothing shy of 50 yds and no shot path... :( Then here comes a decent doe that danced around from 36-55 yds and never gave a shot, during her little display of annoyance my cell phone is going vibration crazy getting phone calls, and text messages from the neighborhood people looking for me because the sheriffs dept. is looking all over for me, I said I have permission to be out on this farm and I'm legal as all get out. Here it is to inform me that my sister had passed. What a day... Things are gloomy now but there is light at the other end of this tunnel... I hadn't spoken to her in a very long time because of some things she had done and I am very sorry for that. Nothing should ever come between family. I now see that, but it unfortunetly is too damn late... Sorry to spread my troubles here, just needed to get it out... Good luck everybody, you people are great, haven't been here long but I feel very welcome... Do me one favor, call someone you haven't spoken to in a while if you can... :wink:
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
wabi

Re: O/T What a crappy outing...

Post by wabi »

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I have a bit of a resentment against my sister over her attempts to get our mother to change her will (to my sister's advantage) when my mother was in her final years, but we still speak. It's just that the trust I had in her is gone now.

Don't put too much blame on yourself, sometimes it just works out that families split that way. I look at it like it's better no not speak, than to fight and argue all the time. :roll:
wabi
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Sorry to hear of your loss.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Curtis, sorry to hear about your loss and the crappy day. Tomorrow is another day and I'll be praying for you and your family that it's a bright one!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Very sorry to hear of your loss, My condolences.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Terrible thing to happen to you Curtis. Thoughts and a prayer for you and family. aging :(
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Sorry for your loss.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
tat4life

Post by tat4life »

My condolences,sorry for your loss...
2010 Equinox,Lumizone,munch mount,munch custom arrows,munch string..Rage 2blade
curtisgreen110683

Post by curtisgreen110683 »

Thanks everybody!
The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands. Gen 9:2
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

That'd be real hard to go through. My thoughts are with you.

Long
Normous

Post by Normous »

Deepest Sympathy for your loss.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

Sorry for your loss.
Crispy
Hazmat

Post by Hazmat »

Sorry for your loss

People as well as family change

I hope you can get out again soon and enjoy a day in the woods
Never argue with an idiot; they will only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

EQUINOX
Munch Mount
NGSS
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Sorry for your loss my friend. your anguish is obvious in your words. Think of the good times. Love is more powerful than time, situations, happenings, we limit Love in our finite minds. Im sure your sister loves you and misses you too Curt.
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Sorry to hear of your bad day and the loss of your sister.
I hope all of your tomorrows are better! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads