using tinks miss november

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

molson_man55

using tinks miss november

Post by molson_man55 »

tonight i was using tinks miss november, and i had some does come in, the doe didnt seem to mind the decoy however the fawn wanted nothing todo with it, she snorted and stomped her front feet. this is too bad because if a buck was tailing them i might have also gotten spooked along with the does.

has anybody had similar reactions or other results with decoys
one shot scott

Re: using tinks miss november

Post by one shot scott »

I think dobsons onto something here! maybe what mrs November needs is the herve leger dress! :lol:

Decoys are hit and miss. What attracts one buck might spook another. When rut really kicks in then Mrs November is really going to shine!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

I saw one at TSC. Thought they looked pretty sharp. I think the one at TSC was 70 and in the states they are around 50... That is just too much for a blow up! Probably cost them $.10 to make! Boy I know right where I would use one though! Keep us posted through the rut on how it works.
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The blow-ups that I have are much more expensive then $70 :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldnt resist with such a nice set-up you did there Dynamite :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

one shot scott wrote:The blow-ups that I have are much more expensive then $70 :lol: :lol:

Sorry, couldnt resist with such a nice set-up you did there Dynamite :lol:
Ya but does she have a herve leger dress??? :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
TrophyBuck

Post by TrophyBuck »

I got the same reaction two years ago from a doe at my decoy and stop using it. It is now for target practice.
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
molson_man55

Post by molson_man55 »

i got mine at tsc in early september when it was 30% off, only paid like 50 for it,

i will likely use it where i know i am likely to see bucks without does
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

molson_man55 wrote: has anybody had similar reactions or other results with decoys
I had the same result with a couple does and a turkey decoy on Saturday. The turkey didn't care for the decoy today either. :roll: A spike walked within 10 steps of my turkey decoy today and was heading right for it had it not walked across my scent trail and bugged out.

I think I'll be leaving the decoy alone during bow season.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have had poor results with decoys for deer. I've had critters spooked by a decoy, but never did have anything come charging in.

I have called & rattled deer in without a decoy, though. :shock:
wabi
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

one shot scott wrote:I think dobsons onto something here! maybe what mrs November needs is the herve leger dress! :lol:
LMAO!
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

wabi wrote:I have had poor results with decoys for deer. I've had critters spooked by a decoy, but never did have anything come charging in.
I don't believe that :x That can't be true :oops: I see the big name TV Hunting peeps get those B&C bucks charging in all the time using (insert your brand name deer decoy here). Obviously you don't know how to use 'em! :cry: :roll: :P

Maybe you need a hunting show and corporate sponsors before it will work? :D
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

wabi wrote:I have had poor results with decoys for deer. I've had critters spooked by a decoy, but never did have anything come charging in.

I have called & rattled deer in without a decoy, though. :shock:
Last year was the first time I used a decoy. It was amusing to watch the posturing of both the bucks and doe that came in. I also killed my first deer with a crossbow while on the ground. I had several deer(both bucks and doe) within 20 yards while sitting in the weeds(no blind) wearing a Bass Pro leafy suit. I did get busted a couple times from movement but most of the deer did not know there was anyone within 5 miles.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
molson_man55

Post by molson_man55 »

i will try the decoy once more, and if a big buck gets spooked by her, i will prolly shoot her lol
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

molson_man55 wrote:i will try the decoy once more, and if a big buck gets spooked by her, i will prolly shoot her lol
LOL, won't get skunked that way. Tag it and it will be an easy drag back to truck!
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

Theres a new Decoy out Called, Harry. It has a fur coating a wobble Head and swinging Tail. About a $100. US. Anybody seen that or tried it?
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner