Great Mike P Story in Horizontal Bowhunter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hetichunter

Great Mike P Story in Horizontal Bowhunter

Post by hetichunter »

I just received my Fall issue of HBM and found a great article written by Mike P called the grey face.

There is a picture of Mike with the buck and the buck is HUGE! He really does have a grey face (the buck, not Mike P, lol) and I can see how he was named.

I hope he continues to post his tales here at the forum.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
lscha

Re: Great Mike P Story in Horizontal Bowhunter

Post by lscha »

I always enjoy his articles.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

all my bucks i shot i never got buck fever except my first buck, and that was my first deer ever back in 1982....since that first deer/buck i only get doe fever now with the ladies :? ....my heart feels like it's bout to jump from my chest and go chase the deer :lol: ........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
carvedtip

Post by carvedtip »

I had no idea that the Mike in the magazine was Mike P until awshucks edumacated me lol. :oops:

If I could kill a buck like that gray face buck in the HBM magazine I think I could hang up my hunting gear and retire a very happy hunter. I never seen a buck like that in the wild much less taken one. It makes me wonder how guys likke him can do that year after year.

It seems to me that you always heard about Kansas and Illinois producing big deer over the years. But the last few years you hear about all these monsters being taken in Ohio. We got some big racked deer here in TX but they look like fawns with horns compared to those Ohio brutes with those massive bodies.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Great read ...

As for " buck fever " ... Been huinting 35 years + .... I still get it !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I still get excited when I see deer. Not sure I call it a fever, but, it's exciting.

I could harvest the biggest freak buck in the world tomorrow and I'd still get excited when I see the next deer.

I hope there isn't a cure.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

Some body put up a picture of this gray face buck so we can see what you are talking about.
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Looking forward to my first issue of HBM arriving soon. I'll be sure to check out this story when it shows up.

As for the buck fever, I do a better job of controlling it now than I did a few years ago but my heart still get's to racin' when deer come into sight and it's game on!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I sent in my subscription a few weeks ago. Hopefully my first issue will be the one with this story in it!
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
Brad L

Post by Brad L »

Mr. Dynamite wrote:Some body put up a picture of this gray face buck so we can see what you are talking about.

I would also like to see the picture of the buck. Don't know the legal ups and downs so anybody know if it would be legal for any of you guys with the article to scan the pic of the buck and post it here?
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

OkXbowHunter wrote:I sent in my subscription a few weeks ago. Hopefully my first issue will be the one with this story in it!
Well what do you know. My first issue arrived today (along with my favorite magazine...Crappie Angler!) and I quickly turned to see Ole Grey Face. That buck has some nice character! Unique indeed! But did anyone notice it kinda resembled Mike? :D :P
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

OkXbowHunter wrote: But did anyone notice it kinda resembled Mike? :D :P

Lol, I thought the same thing when I posted the thread but I put in a disclaimer!
hetichunter wrote: He really does have a grey face (the buck, not Mike P, lol) and I can see how he was named.
I guess you could say they both look like shooters, lol.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!