Dereck

Re: Excalibur Hard Case

Post by Dereck »

Also Available at The Bow Shop in Waterloo Ont $180
Tenpoint Matrix
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

Too much $$$$$ in my opinion. $ 10 worth of platics!

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by TrophyBuck »

Also at the Bass pro shop
If i'm not hunting i'm fishing, and if i'm not fishing i'm wishing.
ch312

Post by ch312 »

ouch...$215 with taxes for a hard case? thats rather ridiculous if you ask me. but, that is just one store so they will likely be cheaper somewhere else.

they also make a camo version...

http://www.rotomoulagedl.com/nouv01en.html
simplykaotic

Post by simplykaotic »

I've got one and I don't regret it. Yes it's big, yes it's clunky, but protecting a investment as good as an Excalibur CB was worth it to me.

As for the price, I ordered directly from the manufacturer and my price after taxes and shipping was lower than 180$. I won't say the price here in case it was a special offer/promo, but if you can speak/write in french, I would suggest to contact them by email [email protected]

And apparently, in Montreal, they're 150$ at a store called "Propac" .

If anybody needs any information on the case, post a reply and I'll do my best to answer it.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I recall a guy asking questions about those interested in a hard case a year or so back, I wonder if it the same dude. Its nice to have a hard case available, but I have to get a soft case first :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I like the looks of the camo one. Not too shabby.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

This thread is an example why the chinese and their cheap products are safe for a long time. I dont know this company and for all I know it is made in china, but I suspect otherwise. It think its made here and is priced this high because of that. Maybe a little high still, but new products usually are.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Its called market leverage. They are the only ones making a hard-case for Bows of this dimension. Watch, once one or two other companies start producing a case that can hold the recurve style crossbows, this thing will come down into a price range more in line with other hard-cases already out there.
In the Wind.......
ch312

Post by ch312 »

See4miles wrote:Its called market leverage. They are the only ones making a hard-case for Bows of this dimension. Watch, once one or two other companies start producing a case that can hold the recurve style crossbows, this thing will come down into a price range more in line with other hard-cases already out there.
well, it looks to me like gagnons is simply being greedy and are taking advantage of the situation you speak of :roll:
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

These cases are the ONLY option available in a hard case that will fit any of the long-draw recurve crossbows. Are they expensive? You bet! Are they big and clunky? You bet! Unfortunately this is it as far as selection is concerned though.
Our customers have been hounding us for a decade for this case and we have been trying to explain the realities that surround this option. Our bows are really only a few inches bigger than the average compound crossbow, but that extra size makes the option of a hard case VERY expensive both in product cost, and especially in shipping costs. To ship one of these cases by UPS can cost more than the product itself due to the oversize issue.
We are test marketing this product to our dealers in an effort to see if customers are willing to spend the money required to own them, and I thank you all for your input in this issue. I agree that they are big and clunky, but trust me, you can't make them smaller and still fit a Max into them!
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

That's why I case mine this way..Double Gun Case.

Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I transport in a double rifle myself, and hunt out of the soft case in my jeep. Works well. The T-bone cases are ackward no matter what size they are.
In the Wind.......
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

My Buddy has one of those big T Bone cases, by the time he loads his SUV with hunting gear, you can't see out of the back. I told him to get a roof Rack adapter for it. :lol:
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner