Bolt retainer problem?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Max-4

Bolt retainer problem?

Post by Max-4 »

With my 2008 Exocet 200, when I load a bolt and push it back to get the nock to the string it hits the edge of the arrow retainer. I guess the up-sweep bend is not enough to let the bolt slide under. I have to physically lift the retainer up a bit with my finger to get the bolt to slide underneath. Is this ok? I was under the impression the bolt should be able to just slide back into the string without hitting the retainer. Thanks
sumner4991

Re: Bolt retainer problem?

Post by sumner4991 »

It's too low . . .I suggest bending it slightly until the arrow slides under. Make sure not to bend too much, because then it will not hold your arrow in place.

I was stringing my Max and somehow got the stringing aide over the retainer. That bent it down severly. I bent it back into position(took some trial and error) and it's worked perfectly since. That was 2006.

It's easier to do with no scope . . .so, take the scope off if you have it on there.

**Edited . . .I was told the curve is too slight . . .I would still bend it . . .you should not have to lift it to load it.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

sumner4991 wrote:I was stringing my Max and somehow got the stringing aide over the retainer. That bent it down severly
did the same and I took a screwdriver and put it perpindicular to the scope mount on top of the retainer and then took pliers and bent up on it slighty until it worked, didnt want to take the scope off but it will work just like new
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

I had the opposite problem, my arrow would fall to the ground any time the bow was pointed down. Was able to tweek it with the scope on and have no other issues. I would think if it was to low it would be noisier because it would slap he rail after the arrow was shot :?:
Crispy