Quiver mounting types?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bones

Quiver mounting types?

Post by Bones »

Sorry if this is an old topic! I've been lurking around here for awhile and notice some members have a top mount quiver system. Is there a noticeable weight difference on those mounts verses the side mount? I use a sling because we tend to cover alot of ground while moose hunting and carrying any sort of weapon out front tends to get tiresome after awhile.I find the side mount tends to dig into your back. Any insight would be great

Bones
wheelie

Re: Quiver mounting types?

Post by wheelie »

Most of us have groundpounder mounts but he is in retirement and presently not making them.

Munch (here on forum) makes a nice top mount for excal bows. Has three different styles.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... 49#p330649

I like them better for carrying them on a sling. I carry a big backpack usually and now alot of the time I carry mine over my shoulder like Bill T does. Top quiver doesn't get in the way either like that and it is a little better on my back. As for weight, they all basically weight about the same I think.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have recently put a Munch mount on my Vortex.
I haven't tried any of the others available so I can't compare them for you but I am very happy with the quality, fit & finish and the price of the Munt mount.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Bones

Post by Bones »

We have talked ( email ) and realized we live not to far apart. I have alot going on in the next 2 weeks ,But my bow will have one of his mounts on it soon.
Thanks
Bones .
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

just picked up 2 munch mounts. gotta say they look and fit great!
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

IMO the Munch Mount is the best top mount on the market today.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire