ontario rut

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gogo

ontario rut

Post by gogo »

Havn't been out hunting in a couple of weeks, bought a new house and had a ton of moving to do. Is there any sign of the rut or is it in the next week or two? Any info especially in the niagara area would be appreciated.
TB

Re: ontario rut

Post by TB »

Had a buck chasing 2 does all around my back field last evening so it must be at least winding up
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

Finding lots of fresh scrapes around and the time must surely be coming. Got a few pictures on my trail cam at night and headed there tonight and Sunday morning hoping one them is moving during daylight hours. Shotgun season starts next Monday.....a week off of bowhunting for me.

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

Was out last night and did not see a stinkin' thing. I have been in the bucks pretty good, and thought last night might be the night to get one, and then nothing. Lots of new tracks, and big ones too, but new tracks from some one coming on uninvited with a 4wheeler too.
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

archery season ends the 2nd week of nov here in PA when the rut is just starting....buck have been following doe for bout a 1.5 weeks now looking at HPA "hunting pa" forum we have in PA.........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
RAMAMOE

Post by RAMAMOE »

I have been out a lot this year and have seen little sign of any rut activity up here..but the weather is getting a little colder now so i am hoping activity will pick up...the rut on during the rifle season will be a nice change...I hope it happens...put a nice doe down last night to fill my Bow only tag..6:30 pm 30 yrds she felt the Rage.....good luck
Equinox - Varizone - Rage 100 3 blade - xcal. firebolts
"When they hear the "TWANG" it's already too late"
DanO

Post by DanO »

I hunt north of Guelph. I've seen does while on the stand but no buck activity. The bucks must be around because these are mature does. No scrapes or rubs either. I think the ratio is way off in my area so the bucks do little work to accomplish the "task". :D

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
watamach

Post by watamach »

My guess would be it hasn't started in my area 80. I have seen does with fawns the last couple days hunting but no bucks. The does seem to be feeding like normal and no bucks show up to check them out. I have had some rubbing and scraping but that is typical pre-rut behavior. I live outside the city so cruise my spots everyday and so far no bucks running around. Once the rut starts I see bucks everyday on my travels. I am guessing next weekend it will start to kick in around here. Hopefully on my prime farm the deer can avoid the shotguns and make it to breeding season. :D
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

hunting 80 in woolwich twnship. Saw 6 pt yesterday, small 8 and 4 today + does. All three bucks were almost running with their noses stuck to the ground. Bush is tore up with scrapes and rubs. Couldn't connect with the boss though, now it's hope and wait he makes through shotgun week.
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
masboy

Post by masboy »

haven,t seen any bucks after doe yet.ihunt every day seen plenty does no bucks with them yet .rattled in small buck last night was alone.plenty of fresh scrapes athis last week.been walleye fishing doing great ,friday night 11 walleye 1 big hybrid at warm water dicharge power plant .i live one mile from river and fish and hunt the same day .things get hot here in southern pa. around 5th nov .kill most of my deer nov 6-7-8-9-10 seems to be best when they are looking for the does.still sneak in some fishing when wind not blowing .winds been terible here lateley if anyone gets down this way your more than welcome to come along.well good luck everyone .
Rackmaster

Post by Rackmaster »

South of Ottawa Ontario, and I have 3 different Bucks on my Trail Cam..a 6 pointer a 7 and a very big 8 pointer.. They started scraping last week, but all my pics are during the night time...No does on the Camera yet...

Tully

Post by Tully »

Starting to heat up here in Mitchell Staffa area. The does are not in their usual areas because the boys are harassing them.
fratri

Post by fratri »

I think in Brant county it is starting. I have seen looks of new rubs and scapes. You can just sense the activity level increasing with all the new sign. To bad the shotgun season starts tomorrow...
"Everthing is easy when you know how"
"Food is not grown in stores"
Fratri
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

fratri wrote:I think in Brant county it is starting. I have seen looks of new rubs and scapes. You can just sense the activity level increasing with all the new sign. To bad the shotgun season starts tomorrow...
X2 Found a fresh srape Sunday morning all hell will break loose this week!!
The best things in life are not things!!
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

On Sat evening I had a doe blow and come running out of the woods and towards me. She stopped in the alfalfa and was looking behind her continually. I thought, "here we go!" Few min later out comes a beef of a buck - a big 8, but he passes by at 72 yards and does not pay her any mind or even look at her! Perhaps he was not the one chasing her?? After dark they had cleared out and I was getting ready to come down when I hear one coming through the woods behind me. Came in, worked a scrape that was 30 yards behind me then came by under 20 yards but it was so dark I couldn't even see his rack. He passed through the corner of the field and then on into the woods on the other side making tons of noise as he went.
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!