jerk's at the range!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SPITFIRE

Re: jerk's at the range!

Post by SPITFIRE »

It,s JERKS like these that we don't need at a public range. Next time tell them to stop sniffing glue!
I am a hunter and proud of it.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'd like to say I'm surprised but unfortunately I'm not at all surprised! :(
Too many knot heads out there shooting off their ignorant uneducated mouths!!
Last edited by j.krug on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

When is the hunting/shooting community going to stop putting themselves into different classes just because of the tool one chooses to use???!!!

I've used a crossbow...a compound...and a longbow. I love shooting them all.

I have owned handguns...bolt-action rifles...semi-automatic rifles...lever action rifles...all types of shotguns...I JUST LIKE THINGS THAT GO BANG AND OR MAKE A PROJECTILE FLY! :wink:

It's situations like the one described that make me shake my head. We should be encouraging each other and everyone else to just ENJOY SHOOTING. At my old gun club, I was once privy to a conversation between a gentleman shooting an AR platform and a guy who was sighting in his hunting rifle, in which the guy with the hunting rifle was berating the AR shooter for 'making everyone look bad with that 'assault rifle'. For context, I'm in Canada. I chimed in and politely told the guy with the hunting rifle that the other gentleman was shooting a 'legal firearm', albeit restricted and that he should be supporting him shooting said firearm because if the government decides to take that kind of firearm out of public hands, his 'high powered sniper rifle' would be next. I think he finally got was I was talking about and walked away.

Together we stand...divided we fall. SUPPORT ALL FORMS OF SHOOTING! PAT EACH OTHER ON THE BACK INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING!
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

[Together we stand...divided we fall. SUPPORT ALL FORMS OF SHOOTING! PAT EACH OTHER ON THE BACK INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING![/quote]

X2 Well said!!
The best things in life are not things!!
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

I had something in reguards to that happening to me on a public hunting area once.
I pulled out the o'le cell phone and called the sheriff the other idiots took off like chickens with their heads cut off. I wasn't gonna argue with stupid people for sure.....Some folks are still so hung up on what type gun, bow etc you use to shoot or hunt with. I f you harvest game legally who cares what type of weapon that is legal to use is used to shoot or hunt with. I would of asked the guy who was giving you a hard time excuse me I didn't know that this was his range, and that you didn't mean to trespass on his range. I bet that would of got a look of stupidness for sure out of his face. then I would of waited for the cops or sheriff to get their. :D :D :D Another words out fox the fox.....
GaryDowdy

Post by GaryDowdy »

As an RSO, I would've thrown him off the range. As a former boxer, he would've had a better attitude the next time around!
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

And let me take a guess here. Were these guys using ultra-cammed hyper-speed bows made from machined aluminum to exacting tolerances. Were the bows equipped with drop-away arrow rests, fiber-optic sights. Did they have trigger releases? Carbon arrows and mechanical braodheads?

Ya, they had a lot to bitch about didn't they? PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the Wind.......
Lakelover

Post by Lakelover »

A few years ago, an old Doc and I were at the handgun range. These two guys came and set up right beside us. They were testing there hand loads and it sounded like little cannon's going off so we moved way down from the blasters.

Couple minutes later " Big Bang" the guy drops his hand gun. WTF.
Well he found out how much powder to not put in one case. The whole action was blowen to bits and the slide was lodged in the scope.

If we would not moved we would have been hit with shards of steel.

So the bigger,harder, faster mentality just about took him out. That was at a public range, not a weapon's testing area. Testosterone is a dangerous drug in the wrong mind/hands of some males.

I guess you were shooting tighter groups and his little ego can't handle the truth!
Axiom

They used to call me cheap, now I'm eco friendly!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't do public ranges very often, but when I do my Excalibur is packed away in a compound case. When I get there I go through the little steps of saying hello, some small talk, the head nods and basically just sizing up the room.
The looks on peoples faces when I open the case and start assembling my Exocet is priceless and always worth the trip to the range! Suddenly some of the guys who were chatting it up with me can't look me in the eye, some of the brave ones will even try to make a comment, those who know me know that I live for that kind of confrontation. I have enough facts packed away in my head that I can usually be the last man standing in the conversation. I don't try to convert them, just educate.
Offering people some facts can be a very powerful thing, it typically ends with the other guy thinking that his compound it light years behind my crossbow in speed and accuracy.
When I switch from crossbow to my compound their attitudes change yet again, and I think that is when they realize that I wasn't just blowing smoke.
The other side of the coin is when you do meet someone with an open mind, someone who shares the passion for hunting and is willing to see a hunting tool as just that, a tool. I have met a few, and some have gone the route of the crossbow, others have simply accepted it. I have met a couple, and I hunt with them regularly now, the bows in our hands are no longer the topic.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

I just don't get stupid people. They love to rag on folks who don't use the type bow or gun that they are using. I could care less what folks shoot as long as they are legal,and aren't breaking the law.I am really amazed at those folks with superior stupid A$$ disease I call it. I like variety myself. Something different like snow flakes or finger prints.Oh well I guess it isn't worth a heart attack. :D
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

GaryDowdy wrote:As an RSO, I would've thrown him off the range. As a former boxer, he would've had a better attitude the next time around!
I like that.lol :D :D :D Thump Thearpy on idiots head..... :D
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

DirtyGun wrote:When is the hunting/shooting community going to stop putting themselves into different classes just because of the tool one chooses to use???!!!

I've used a crossbow...a compound...and a longbow. I love shooting them all.

I have owned handguns...bolt-action rifles...semi-automatic rifles...lever action rifles...all types of shotguns...I JUST LIKE THINGS THAT GO BANG AND OR MAKE A PROJECTILE FLY! :wink:

It's situations like the one described that make me shake my head. We should be encouraging each other and everyone else to just ENJOY SHOOTING. At my old gun club, I was once privy to a conversation between a gentleman shooting an AR platform and a guy who was sighting in his hunting rifle, in which the guy with the hunting rifle was berating the AR shooter for 'making everyone look bad with that 'assault rifle'. For context, I'm in Canada. I chimed in and politely told the guy with the hunting rifle that the other gentleman was shooting a 'legal firearm', albeit restricted and that he should be supporting him shooting said firearm because if the government decides to take that kind of firearm out of public hands, his 'high powered sniper rifle' would be next. I think he finally got was I was talking about and walked away.

Together we stand...divided we fall. SUPPORT ALL FORMS OF SHOOTING! PAT EACH OTHER ON THE BACK INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING!
Well put DirtyGun!! Nothing to add there you got it all covered!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
JBO

Post by JBO »

I believe he's in titled to his opinion, like anyone, but to have the balls to express them to you only shows his ignorant's. I think you handled it as well as possible, under the circumstances.
As we get older, we tend to pick our battles with more logic then confrontation. Logic is, when two people are equally arm it's an unfair fight.
Vortex
Custom Boo string
Lumi-Zone
Slick Tricks
NRA