Less than stellar season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kelley

Less than stellar season

Post by Kelley »

By this time last year I had 4 in the freezer. This year I have had only one shot. I have spent well over 100hrs in my stands and have seen only 9 deer. In a normal season I will see 3 to 15 a day. Took a nice doe. We are 16 inches below normal rainfall and the deer are staying close to water. Unfortunately the property I have permission to hunt only have a few streams and they are dry. I will be back in my stand today.
'NEVER GIVE UP'.
I will only be able to hunt until the 24th as I am having hip surgery on the 26th of Nov and have to be at the hospital on the 25th. I sill have 3 weeks to fill the freezer with 4 of those days being Shotgun season.
Rut is not far away so am hunting 'prime times' now and will be in my stand for a midday hunt today. Have a cold front coming through today so the deer should be moving.
I have enough tags that if I don't fill them I will have enough tags to fill the freezer with 'Tag Stew'. :D
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
georgiaboy

Re: Less than stellar season

Post by georgiaboy »

Just keep the never give up attitude and you will be fine!!!
Drought is killin me to here in Ga. I took two the first two wks of season and have not seen one since! Got one small hog and lost two hogs since.hunting public land here so its kinda tough!
Good luck with your surgey...hope things work out well for you!!
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

You will connect just a matter of time keep your senses keen and your eyes open!!keep us posted!!
The best things in life are not things!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Heres hoping you connect before your surgery, good luck man.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good luck with the surgery!

It's been dry here, too. I just hope we don't catch up on the precipitation all at once.
Especially in the form of snow! :shock: :lol:
wabi
strider23

Post by strider23 »

Hope everything goes well with the surgery and recovery. I'm sure your hip will feel so much better after wards that you'll be jumping(no pun intended) to get back in the field.
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

I live about 2 hrs straight north of Kelley. It's the same thing here. I've seen so few deer this year I'm wondering what's going on. I'd just like to see a decent buck, let alone get a shot at him. :?: With 30 mph wind gusts yesterday and today, it might be a while. Gary