I don't like the Vortex trigger !!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

suzyandal

I don't like the Vortex trigger !!

Post by suzyandal »

I was just wondering , is me or is it the vortex trigger. I find the trigger pull very light and unpredictable. I shot it quite a bit today trying to get used to it and I just couldn't. There's nothing and all of a sudden the shot goes off.
I really can't compare it to much other than the last crossbow that I had which was an Exomax. The trigger on the Exomax was stiffer and you could tell when the shot was about to go off,unlike the Vortex. Any Comments or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
bigbuckonly1

Re: I don't like the Vortex trigger !!

Post by bigbuckonly1 »

My only complaint about the trigger on my vortex is that it has a slight trigger travel before it fires, really wish it was not like that.
Take time to enjoy each & everyday that GOD has given us- be thankful.

Excalibur Vortex
Firebolt Arrows
Rage .125gr. Broadheads
Equalizer Climbing Stand
99% Scent Killer
roly

Post by roly »

To me a soft trigger is ok.

When it just seems to go off, as long as your ready and focused
on the target, I find less yanking and flinching. Also I find that I
don't try to look over scope as it's gone off before my mind can say
pull and look. But thats JMHO.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I had my trigger worked on to achieve what you are describing but that's what I wanted it to be like.
You may be able to exchange it where you bought it or to another member who would like a lighter trigger.Must be exchanged with a thumb hole model as the triggers are different from a traditional stocked bow.
Tenpoint Matrix
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

My vortex trigger is fine. It does have a little creep but I squeeze the trigger with the safe on and when I fire it the creep is gone. Even with the creep it doesn't affect accuracy. If your trigger is to sensitive I would have excalibur check it out.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

I would have my trigger worked on by Boo. He does a great job on it and knows what he is doing so you have nothing to worry about. When he is do with it, it is S-m-oo-t-h! :D Shoot him a PM. He is busy mind you. But there is a reason he is. :D
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Worked mine myself and it's (almost) as good the triggers in my rifles. A good trigger is everything to accuracy, if it don't break clean at no more than 3 lbs it don't stay in my safe. A light trigger can be accommodated: Don't touch it until you're ready to do the deed. A stiff/creepy trigger cannot.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
suzyandal

Post by suzyandal »

I guess part of my problem may be that I've been mostly a pistol and long gun shooter until now. I like having the control and feel of when the shot will break. This is what I find missing in the vortex trigger. I realize that for most a light and short trigger pull would be beneficial in reducing trigger jerk, but in my case it just does not work. I guess what I would prefer is not necessarily a stiffer trigger but one with a bit more travel and feel to it. If anyone has had work done by Boo, would any of my concerns be resolved if I had him work on the trigger ??
Normous

Post by Normous »

suzyandal wrote: If anyone has had work done by Boo, would any of my concerns be resolved if I had him work on the trigger ??
Yes.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

enormous wrote:
suzyandal wrote: If anyone has had work done by Boo, would any of my concerns be resolved if I had him work on the trigger ??
Yes.
X2
I was there when Boo did my trigger and can assure you he does nothing to the trigger to change the amount of "creep" just make the trigger so smooth you will not feel the trigger creep to point of release.
After awhile of shooting I became accustomed to the feel and then shot my friends Phoenix it felt like he had a gravel pit in it.
Send it to Boo once your season is done and you will not be disappointed.
Tenpoint Matrix
ch312

Post by ch312 »

bstout wrote:Your best bet is to contact Peter at Excalibur. They have seen it all before and your situation will be nothing new to them. Stay with factory authorized servicers for reasons too numerous to mention.

x2...

or do it yourself :wink:
mitch

Post by mitch »

I bought a new vortex this fall and I specially love the trigger,very smooth and you feel wen it is about to go.