trail cam comparison link

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

trail cam comparison link

Post by wabi »

Got this link in an email this morning and found it interesting.
Compares detection zone to field of view for the different cameras.
http://www.trailcampro.com/2010detectionzonetest.aspx
wabi
maple

Re: trail cam comparison link

Post by maple »

Thanks Wabi. Good link. I'm going to go over those specs carefully, since I'm in the market for another brand of trailcam.

I am NOT happy with mine, that does not pick up slow moving objects, like grazing deer. Major bummer.

Maple
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Maple what camera are you currently using ? I purchase a few this year and been having fairly good luck with them. The Scout Guard and Bushnell are the best I have . Mys Wild Game Innovations IR4cg works well but is best set up on a bait pile. pictures and videos are very good the trigger is a bit slow,
vortex

Post by vortex »

another site to check out is http://www.chasingame.com
Excalibur Vortex
Vari-Zone Scope
OFAH Member
www.wildcam.ca
www.excaliburcrossbow.com
www.ontariooutofdoors.com
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

I got a new type of game camera month or so ago. Its called the plot-watcher by Day 6 outdoors---It takes photos on a timed basis--5-10 sec. intervals are the default setting--it uses a thumbwheel to set it for what interval you want.--very easy setup.

I hunt public land so I take it up to the height I will hunt and point it--It takes pics. out to a 100yds.--a good field of view--set on 5 sec. it takes over 8,000 pics. a day--from daylight till dark-(only daytime pics.)--With the software that comes with it you can review a days pics. in about 10 min.-The pics. are hi-def and and 4 AA last about 5 days--set on a field they recommend 10 sec. interval and batts. last much longer.
Exomax
Lumizone
Boo Trigger
Firebolts
125 Stricnines