How to get deer closer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: How to get deer closer

Post by one shot scott »

I hope you tag one bugs. I would love to see a feild pic of you beside your deer. You and vixchix are the ones Im secretly rooting for. I know with time it will come, you both know what your doing and its just a matter of time.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Awww.. Scott, you're so sweet! You're right - it's just a matter of time for us! :D

Not all locations are equal. Some are more deer rich, some are more likely to produce at certain times of the day, and then there's just luck. It's certainly not for lack of trying.

Not matter what, the time out is never wasted. I might be freezing and wondering why I'm there, but those precious hours out in the woods keep me smiling for days afterward. Its therapy! :D I often look around at my coworkers and wonder if they have any idea of how immensely gratifying it is to sit still and have squirrels think you're part of a tree, or the joy of hearing birds begin to sing just before daylight, or the satisfaction of knowing you can wander out into the woods and find your way to your tree in the dark - I mean, seriously, how many get to really experience that - not just in a fleeting way, but in a way that soaks right into and through us? I get to do that almost every weekend in spring and fall! Life is good.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

VixChix wrote:Awww.. Scott, you're so sweet! You're right - it's just a matter of time for us! :D

Not all locations are equal. Some are more deer rich, some are more likely to produce at certain times of the day, and then there's just luck. It's certainly not for lack of trying.

Not matter what, the time out is never wasted. I might be freezing and wondering why I'm there, but those precious hours out in the woods keep me smiling for days afterward. Its therapy! :D I often look around at my coworkers and wonder if they have any idea of how immensely gratifying it is to sit still and have squirrels think you're part of a tree, or the joy of hearing birds begin to sing just before daylight, or the satisfaction of knowing you can wander out into the woods and find your way to your tree in the dark - I mean, seriously, how many get to really experience that - not just in a fleeting way, but in a way that soaks right into and through us? I get to do that almost every weekend in spring and fall! Life is good.

Your so right Moni..its never time wasted. I love just being there and unwinding..everything else is extra to me.However i do get reved up chasin that big boy when I know im close....good luck sweet lady..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
maple

Post by maple »

Monica, do you have any unmarried sisters?

Just askin' for the single guys out there. Take note fellas.

Maple
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Sorry, no sisters, and my brothers are both married. :lol: I do have a friend though.... . . . . . . :wink:

Sorry, Bugs.... hijacked your thread! :(
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
littlekitch

Post by littlekitch »

i,ve had a similar experience.branch snapped behind me 5 minutes after i had done 2 soft grunts.it was upwind.15 minutes and nothing.i,m using all the paripheral vision i can muster and then had this feeling i,m being watched.i look straight ahead and there he is 40 yards downwind in the trees looking right at me.he circled around somehow?never did present a shot.
gogo

Post by gogo »

If the scrape is fresh it may be worth your while to set up 30 yards or so away from it. Try to brush yourself in and the right wind is a must. Another thing to try is where you seen his tracks, if he uses that path regularly setting up near the path may be the ticket. Either way if the wind is not right wait , if he smells you he may be gone for good.Hope you get him we want to see pics.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Ok if'en you make it down here, i can put you on a crossing. Spect 20 - 30 deer a week go across the road from my place. Thats what i figure crosses in the mornings. I only hunt 3 morning a week & no afternoons. I have saw 11 at a time go by me
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315