Need a Used Vixen for a father's blind son (Updated!)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Need a Used Vixen for a father's blind son (Updated!)

Post by agingcrossbower »

Here's the story people.
I purchased a vixen online. I was the first in line and bought it fair and square. I find out the person second in line wants one for his blind son. He planned to rig it so he could look through the scope and his son would pull the trigger. To me the vixen I got is mine because of priniciple, BUT I can not let go of a blind child and a father who wants him to enjoy hunting. Could the person have made up this whole story. Yes! Can I take that chance. No way.
Does anyone out there have an extra vixen that he was thinking of parting with that I could buy. OR, could we collectively pass the hat at this time of the year and make a father and son's Christmas wish come true. Time is running out for Christmas and I need help. PM me if anyone has suggestions or idea's. Thanks Aging
Last edited by agingcrossbower on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
agingcrossbower

Re: Need a Used Vixen for a father's blind son

Another option would be the father said he could put up 250.00 for the vixen and as a group we could raise the rest. I found a new one for 390.00 plus shipping so say 410.00. We coud surely come up with 160.00 by passing the hat around. Just one option. Lets hear more. :)
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Excalibur has a kids program, not sure if this would qualify but it wouldn't hurt to find out. Contact Excalibur and see if they can put you in touch with MikeP, at one time he headed off that program, not sure anymore though.
Me, I would want to find out the validity of the situation before making any decisions, the internet is a big place, and it's not like this guy is your neighbour. Sounds a little harsh, I know, but I have seen people do and say some pretty crazy stuff to get what they want.
If it is true, I hope the kid gets to experience what he is after.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Hey, I'm good for a $30 or $40 myself. Just let me know when you need it.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
spike

Post by spike »

Aging,

Recently we have had two reports, in Canada, of people scamming money by pretending to have cancer. Concerned folks, including friends and family, did fund raisers and turned the money over to the scammer. Happily both were caught out and charged.

Could be this fellow is legit. If you find out he is, I too would throw in a few bucks . Canadian funds are almost at parity - my lucky day. If you go further with this and actually send money on, pm me and I will contribute.

Roger
ROGER
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Well, here's few thoughts. It's either a scam or not, granted. Either way, the 'dad' will have a hell of a story if this goes down.

I'm willing to roll the dice for up to $20.

edited to add: agin, ya got a pm, I can beat the $410 by $81.
Last edited by awshucks on Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eze 18:21"
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

If it's the real deal I'm in for $25.00. BUT..... be careful a few of us have been scammed before!!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Let him have the one you got online and the group pitches in for you to get the new one ....then you can put me down for 10.00.
agingcrossbower

I knew I could count on this forum . I would make a move till I verify that the boy is blind. But again thank you for everyone's generousity. Aging :D
agingcrossbower

I am trying to contact him by cell and internet and nothing yet. He may just be busy or he is gone. The odd part is he joined the forum in 2002. That is one point in his favor. We shall see.
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Guys, i am the father in question. I can tell you that my boy is not totally blind, just so much of a vision impairment to make shooting without me as his "eyes" not an option.
There are a couple members who belong to this site that can atest to my sons' impairment, but that won't be neccesary.
As Mike said he bought the bow fair and square (i have to be faster next time ;) )
I was so amazed at the generosity of the people who said they would donate money to help out a youngster they have never met.
At this time i ( think) have found a bow that will do very well for my son's first x-bow.
I would like to thank EVERYONE who would have been willing to donate to him, but it will not be neccesary.
This is such an amazing site, with an unbelivable bunch of members. I am very lucky to be in the same group as you folks.
I would really like to say "thank you" to Mike (aka agingcrossbower) for having such a willingness to help my son. Thank you Mike . Bill ( and Brandon)
footed shaft

Post by footed shaft »

Here he is with a pic of a huge bird he helped me get one morning ( he was my decoy string guy). Bill

agingcrossbower

footed shaft wrote:Guys, i am the father in question. I can tell you that my boy is not totally blind, just so much of a vision impairment to make shooting without me as his "eyes" not an option.
There are a couple members who belong to this site that can atest to my sons' impairment, but that won't be neccesary.
As Mike said he bought the bow fair and square (i have to be faster next time ;) )
I was so amazed at the generosity of the people who said they would donate money to help out a youngster they have never met.
At this time i ( think) have found a bow that will do very well for my son's first x-bow.
I would like to thank EVERYONE who would have been willing to donate to him, but it will not be neccesary.
This is such an amazing site, with an unbelivable bunch of members. I am very lucky to be in the same group as you folks.
I would really like to say "thank you" to Mike (aka agingcrossbower) for having such a willingness to help my son. Thank you Mike . Bill ( and Brandon)
Sheesh! That was'nt neccessary. Good hunting Brandon....... Thread Closed.
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I know this post is over but I will still vouch for Bill & say that he is a straight shooter & dedicated hunter.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

No doubt Kirk!
First post sorta sounded like it was an Ebay transaction or something, I certainly didn't know it was a member here.
I think I remember seeing that little fellows face on here before, but before the turkey..
Good to hear that everything worked out.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string