How Do You Transport Your Excalibur?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

OkXbowHunter

How Do You Transport Your Excalibur?

Post by OkXbowHunter »

I was wondering how other people transport their Excalibur crossbows from their home to where they hunt.

I can't seem to find a "good spot" for my bows. If I put them limbs down over on the passenger side of the truck, it doesn't seem to fit well and I don't like having the limbs right under the heater outlet when it's cold (ever since reading the thread about heat and limbs earlier this year).

If I put the crossbow with the limbs up in the passenger seat, then I'm constantly having to dodge the limb tips as I turn. If I put it behind the seat, I have to put it laying sorta on it's side because the floor is full of boots, dry boxes with hunting stuff in 'em and the seats have totes of clothes, tree saddle, etc.

I thought about buying the Excalibur padded case and carrying it in pickup bed. I didn't know if the case is waterproof or not.

How do you transport your crossbow?
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
vixenmaster

Re: How Do You Transport Your Excalibur?

Post by vixenmaster »

When i go off somewhere out of state i put mine in bed of truck when i hunt with awshucks. I have a Burb with backseat down i just set it in there if i have room. If'en no room i break mine down put into my plano compound case

Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
lscha

Post by lscha »

I have the deluxe padded case and really like it. Depending on what vehicle I'm driving, I put it wherever it fits. :D I think I would just put the whole case in a construction trash bag if it had to be in the back of an uncovered pickup.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I'm afraid I have no better ideas as I have a truck and have all 3 of the same scenarios as you. I'm usually alone so it's limbs down on the passenger side with the heat coming out the dash not at the floor vents. If I'm with one other person I'll lay it on it's side in the back seat. If the truck cab is full I'll throw it in the box of the truck but I do have a cap on the back so I can lock it and it's protected from the elements.
I could put it in back in the the box all the time but it's like family and I like it to ride up front with me!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

bstout wrote:I transport my crossbow in the bed of my truck.

The ONLY time we MUST case our crossbows in this State is when they are in or on a vehicle. If it wasn't the law, I doubt if I would own a bow case. I prefer the cloth cases mainly because they take up little to no room when they're not in service (99.999% of the time).
I like the cloth case to cuz I can fold it up and sit on it for some extra insulation when the weather turns cold....like today!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

back of the p/u may be fine as long as it isn't bounceing all around. not very good for your scope, could change poi. :shock:
I am a hunter and proud of it.
OMC-MOOSE

Post by OMC-MOOSE »

F150 extended cab...I lay mine on the backseat with the left limb between the front seats supported by the center console and the right limb tucked between the rear seat back and seat bottom which lets the stock rest on the seat as well. Bow rides very well there
NRA Life Member
The Second Amendment protects the rest!

Excalibur Ibex
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

My wife thinks we bought a Honda Pilot in order to transport the kids to and from sporting activities. :wink:

We'll just let her keep thinking that. :)

I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

sumner4991 wrote:My wife thinks we bought a Honda Pilot in order to transport the kids to and from sporting activities. :wink:

We'll just let her keep thinking that. :)

You ARE the man! Good on ya Scott. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
secret

Post by secret »

Does anyone own a rotomoulagedlc hard case ? Are they worth the money? http://www.rotomoulagedl.com/nouv01en.html
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

I just put mine on top of my gear in the back of my pickup (with a locking cap as mentioned earlier). I too read about the dangers of heating it up in the car after being out in the cold.

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by CDN Taxman »

secret wrote:Does anyone own a rotomoulagedlc hard case ? Are they worth the money? http://www.rotomoulagedl.com/nouv01en.html
Aren't they something like $ 200??? Way too much considering it's only about $ 10 worth of plastic!

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by secret »

The reason i ask was the airlines requested the bow to be locked up or i would have to unstring the bow. I wanted to visit my buddy in Nebraska to do some turkey hunting this spring. A soft case wont do!!!!
Exocet 200
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
simplykaotic

Post by simplykaotic »

Secret, I've got the case.

It's very sturdy, but mine did not come with holes that would allow it to be locked up. It might be because I ordered mine directly from the factory because there are clear spots where the holes should be but no holes are there...yet.

I'll be drilling them myself, which isn't a big deal when I consider the great price I got on the case.

Warning: it is a very big case, and does not store as well as a double gun case or the archery cases because of it's T shape, so you can't stand it on its side very easily.
secret

Post by secret »

Thank you ! Ive never removed the 2 screws that hold the limb assembly together . Im afraid i will strip them. I would rather keep the bow together. Thank you for you reply!
Exocet 200
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string