Solar power

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ecoaster

Re: Solar power

Post by ecoaster »

Undertaker,

The Ministry of Labour can give the worker a fine, the foreman, the superintendent, the Project Manager......................right up to the owner of the company if they wish for a worker not wearing the required PPE.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
catcher

Post by catcher »

I think in the long run it is the cost of the batteries you are charging that is very expensive.A friend of mine did his hunting camp with solar and wind energy. But with the cost of the batteries and the frequency of the changing of batteries he ended up selling the system and putting an old D9 dozer diesel engine there and has not had any complaints since. I think it is still to early yet to completely rely on solar or wind energy yet. IMO The cost of the items need to come way down to be cost effective yet.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
reyberto

Post by reyberto »

[quote="hotburn"]Boo.. Dow is just releasing to the market this year a solar shingle that any general roofer can install on a house. They are designed to be a alternative to the traditional 2*4 glass encapsulated panels that are costly. ....quote]

Solar shingles are advantageous in a way that they bring renewable energy to your home if they have these so-called photovoltaic technologies which are a new popular source of energy. But you have to be reminded that your roof should aim at the sun. Secondly, the roof should also have sub strait which can be handled when getting hot.
Last edited by reyberto on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Don't make much sence if a roofer can install them. How do you get the energy into batteries or tubes to heat water? What you want to do, heat the attic space plywood on roof to form more icicles hanging from your evestroughs? Makes no sence to me.
secret

Post by secret »

Boo, A windmill only needs a 1.5 to 2.5 mph wind to generate power. I dont know if in Canada this is the same but... if you dont use more than generate they have to buy it off you...and also pay to install the poles to your house to get the excess power too! Win WIn for you!!! just saying
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
CDN Taxman

Post by CDN Taxman »

Is Boo still around? No record here of when he last logged in?????

Of course.....it is deer season!

Mike
2008 Excalibur Equinox
Groundpounder Mount
NGSS

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't think Boo posts here at this time! Seems some ppl did some pm's that were not nice.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

vixenmaster wrote:I don't think Boo posts here at this time! Seems some ppl did some pm's that were not nice.
In my defence, I have never, ever sent a derogatory PM to anyone. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

CDN Taxman wrote:Is Boo still around? No record here of when he last logged in?????

Of course.....it is deer season!

Mike
Last time I talked to him he answered his cell from his stand. :)
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
emiluz

Post by emiluz »

secret wrote:Boo, go with wind power! this way when you generate more power than you use the power company has to buy it from you.[you get a check instead of bill] ] then your off the grid.
Wind power is the superior renewable energy source for residential users and this comes down to a number of reasons. As we all know some places and countries, the sun is only out half of the day which means no solar power. On a flip side a wind turbine can produce energy all day every day if there is a supply of wind. In cost, solar power technology costs a lot more than wind generators. In installation, solar power system need more space to install the solar array, but wind turbine can be vertically installed, need smaller space.
But there is no competition between solar and wind power. :lol: These two are very useful. :D :D