Good ole FEDEX

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Re: Good ole FEDEX

Post by crazyfarmer »

euro mounts are 75-100 here depending on the plaque used. Head mounts are 350-450 on average..

Ray, did you find all the pieces to the antler? If so you can get glues and etc and put them back on. It wont be nice and neat, but it would be a quick fix. Probably would cost you 25bucks or so. They should front the money for the repairs. I dont like fed ex. But then again, it only takes one bad driver or handler to ruin the name of a business. Ive never had a issue with UPS but again, one stupid person could drop a box. Accidents happen and hopefully it was a accident. But they should make it right for you. Best of luck man.

I actaully used box(brown) tape to fix a G2 on a buck of mine. Wasnt pretty, but its good enough for my likes.
OkXbowHunter

Post by OkXbowHunter »

Van Dykes sells a kit to repair antlers. I got a kit here but haven't used it yet. I put the rack from my 8 point Axiom kill in a tree to dry out and the darn squirrels nearly chewed in in-two at several areas! :shock:

Van Dykes Antler Repair Kit
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die. Gen 27:3-4
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

And Good old FEDEX is raising their prices 5% in January. Shipping is just outrageous everywhere you go. :( Gary
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

ups has automatic 100$ coverage. ive had issues before with both ups and fed ex. you can pay for extra insurance but from what ive found it will be near impossible to collect. they will always claim it wasnt packed properly. the package doesnt look double boxed or a wood frame to protect from crushing.they will probably want the package back or you will need to take it to a special center for them to look at. they also make it the problem of the person sending it.that usually means that person wont spend the time or energy to do a claim. i wouldnt never send my trophy back for a small claim like that because worser things can happen. get it fixed and move on. i would think some gorilla glue and some clamps would fix it but do a google on antler repair. cant cost too much to do it yourself. thats why i never insure something unless its more than a couple hundred because there gonna make money and make it impossible to make a claim. i have lots of experience selling stuff through the mail.always double box and pack solid with no sliding room inside. thats the best you can do.