New Custom Made String Coming My Way!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FredBear

Re: New Custom Made String Coming My Way!!!

Post by FredBear »

I hope to see a picture when it arrives! :D
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Congrats!!!!! :D
Do the custom strings last longer/shoot faster than the excal fff string?
I've been thinking about changing strings...using the excel string right now.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Thanks!! :)
I will most likely go with the excal fff string to start off with...may have to post in future for some advice on setting brace height!!! Lol
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

cool, I should try different strings sometime. Still have original strings on mine that came with the bows.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

I'm planning on getting a couple Boo strings. But I just found out he has somewhat of a backlog. Tells me all I need to know (and already knew).
In the Wind.......
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Custom stings are indeed great. I make mine in 32 strands Flemish and Halo or Angel Majesty for serving applied very, very tight. Faster, last longer but not necessarily quieter. Though If I was inclined to quiet it would be a 40 strander.

PS I don't make em for sale. Boo was kind enough to help me learn the trade, it's his market.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Absolutely! It was not my intent to cast any negative light on the others. I'm just going with the most experience in this case. Boo has the recipe perfected without question.
In the Wind.......
secret

Post by secret »

Will his string make you loose fps like all the others?
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Well finally, we get a negative comment on a string maker! Its about time too!

When Boo adds the integral catwhiskers into the string (BY REQUEST), they do in fact, affect FPS. The shooter knows this and is making a choice to add noise and vibration dampening to his string package.

Mine will be ordered without the catwhiskers. And, if I still lose a couple FPS, which I doubt I will, I won't jump off a bridge or anything.

What I will do is be thrilled I'm getting 400+ shots per serving from it on my Exomax, a known serving chewer.

Any more questions????
In the Wind.......
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

See4miles wrote:Any more questions????
Well of course! :D
How many custom strings do you own? I am curious if your opinion is based on what you have read or what you have tried.
I have over 40 custom strings, and a fact based opinion.
Boo makes great strings, without doubt, but when you get in to the top couple string makers you will find there really is no difference from one to the next.
Everybody has different expectations from what they want out of their string, for some it is speed, for some it is noise, longevity pays a role and then of course there are those who choose purely based on cosmetics.
After the initial break in pretty much all strings are equal, the difference will be in the serving material, and of course who applies it. I have been serving my own strings for a few years (Boo made my jig) and have it down to an art, today's materials are what makes a serving superior to what it was, even just 5 years ago.
If serving life is an issue, it is a very simple task to do on your own, relaxing and rewarding. 300 shots out of a string you served yourself is way more rewarding than 400 served by someone else.
I have the same opinion on arrows, I buy custom ones just because I like variety, but I only hunt with ones that I have made.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

Hi Pydpiper,
I have a Viper, and the Excal Flemish so far. Not much experience so far to be sure.
I've been tying my own servings but found after I made the Jig I just can't get the string tight enough to do it the way it needs to be done.

I'm working on the next generation jig but in the meanwhile, thought I would try a Boo string and get a hands-on look at the serving myself. As I already said, I'm not saying one is better than the other. Its just that Boo is the veteran of the group and that's how I thought I'd start.
Who's to say the next one won't come from one of the other fellas??

I don't ever plan to make strings, just get better at serving them.

I been around a while now, but still have a lot to learn. Thats what most of this is about with the Boo string. You want to learn how to do it right, learn from the best.
In the Wind.......
masboy

Post by masboy »

the boo serving vidio great. just wasn.t getting mine tite enough at first getting better every one ido .now useing body shop t handle tool to pull serving tite works great. equinox hard on servings compared to my vortex.there both getting easyer on servings the more i shoot them.was shooting them to much before turning them over .wore thru serving ruined a few strings.now when serving shows wear i reserve right away. now no problem.still shooting excel strings no problem with them.i.m about half stupid right now because of lyme disease well wife says i.m all the way .just her opinion.would like to try ff string but its amazing i haven.t joined the dry fire club yet all the stupid things i do.soon i,m sure.so i guess i better stick to excel string for a while.