ready to buy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chack182

ready to buy

Post by chack182 »

Just sold my horton crossbow and I am ready to get me a excalibur just not sure which one. I looking at the Phoenix, Ibex and maybe the Vortex. I will hunt deer and hogs with it. Any pros or cons between them ?
Tired Rooster

Re: ready to buy

Post by Tired Rooster »

Between the bows that you listed there wouldn't be any "cons". Deer and hogs would be easily taken with these bows. The Vortex being a 200# pound bow will shoot a little faster and a little flatter than than the Phoenix/Ibex. The Phoenix/Ibex is more than fast enough and would be a little easier on the string serving and a little easier to cock if shooting targets a whole lot. But having said that the 200# bows (Vortex/Exocet 200) are not difficult to cock at all assuming you don't have some type of physical hinderance, and they are not terribly hard on the serving either. A lot of your decision will boil down to your personal preference. Many of the guys here love and prefer the 175# (Pheonix/Ibex), many love and prefer the 200#(Vortex/Exocet), we all love and prefer our Excaliburs. Based on what you said you will be doing, hunting deer and hogs, any of three would be a fine choice. Good luck!
DEO VINDICE
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

As above he said it all.
Enjoy which ever you decide to get. :D
Tenpoint Matrix
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

3 choices & everyone of them a winner. Answer these & you will knowed the right one fer you. Comfort, easy handlin & balance to suit you ? So which one fits those requirements ? They all are fast enuff fer the game yer hunting & depending on yer arrow/BH will do the job very well. By the way i shoot use n hunt with a vixen & have fer yrs.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I love my exocet 200!
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I shoot two of the three. Vortex: Great, love the Thumb Hole stock. Phoenix: Sweeet trigger (though I 'worked' it to make it that way). Shoot this one most often. Ibex just a Phoenix with TH stock. Love both but if I were to own just one (gasp!) the push would have to go to Vortex for the extra speed (about 318 fps compared to 297 with my 32 strand Flemish strings and 405 gr arrows.
BTW, using a LumiZone, and playing with the 'speed ring" (power) on each they hit exactly the same spot at 50 yards with respective aim point . Like this:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Tired Rooster summed it up quite nicely.
I shoot the Vortex and absolutely love it but as stated all 3 are awesome Xbows!! :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads