For those who use Luminox, question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PA Prof

For those who use Luminox, question

Post by PA Prof »

I am considering getting some Luminox for my Firebolts. A question for those familiar with them--which ones will fit correctly? The Firebolts have flat backs instead of the half-moon nock that was typical on arrows for my old Bear bow.

Could use some guidance...thanks.
j.krug

Re: For those who use Luminox, question

Post by j.krug »

I don't have the answer for you but if you go to their website they have a list of arrow shafts and which nock you'll need.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Even if you buy the corrcet size i will likely require a little bit of modification for it to fit "just right". Just a little bit of sanding to the luminok is what I have had to do in the past.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

you want burnt coyote lumennoock EXCF3 this is a firebolt exclusive nock.
you will also want new bolts that have never had inserts installed before you can get both from Dan Miller 740 483 2312
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

you could also try firenock's. you pay a little more for them upfront but you end up saving money because you can change the batteries (and because its impossible to kill them). just my 2 cents. http://www.firenock.com
Team Dryfire
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

X 2 on the Firenocks. Best lighted nock out there. They come with spacer O rings to accommodate most arrows, I use both their moon and flat nocks in my various bows. Quality cost a bit more but in this case it's more than worth it.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
PA Prof

Post by PA Prof »

Thanks so much guys these are great replies. :)
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

gerald strine wrote:you want burnt coyote lumennoock EXCF3 this is a firebolt exclusive nock.
you will also want new bolts that have never had inserts installed before you can get both from Dan Miller 740 483 2312
Why is it that you need new bolts? Is the glue residue an issue when installing the Lumenocks?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I have tried the Lumenok, Tracer, and the Firenock. The Lumenok like the Tracer are disposable once the battery runs out. The Tracer 's had the shortest battery life of all three. The wires that activate the Lumenok created dimples in the end of my GT Laser II's when shot and when I refletched I had to clean up the back of the arrow with the G5 ASD.

The Firenock is definitely the Cadillac of the three. It is more expensive but it is highly customizable and it is not a disposable unit when the battery goes dead. Assembly is a bit tricky and it is easy to short out the battery if you are not careful. Read the directions. Battery life on the Firenock is one season (You can buy an extended life battery from Firenock) but there is no way to test them without shooting them so if you can't shoot them at the house that might be an issue.

The lighted nocks really make it clear where your shot went, especially in low light.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
PA Prof

Post by PA Prof »

I see that the Firenocks come in "C" and "F" models. The "C" model is listed as a semi-crescent shape that is supposed to be compatible with Firebolts. The F is flat like the stock nocks. Which would be the better one to use, or is it just preference? I am concerned by bstout's above post involving the dryfire.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I have used the Firenock flat nocks without any problems. All three brands have worked very reliably for me. The method of turning off the Firenocks is indeed a little wierd and it feels wrong when you do it but it works fine.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

j.krug wrote:
gerald strine wrote:you want burnt coyote lumennoock EXCF3 this is a firebolt exclusive nock.
Why is it that you need new bolts? Is the glue residue an issue when installing the Lumenocks?
A new bolt is best because when you pull out a factory insert out of a fire bolt you pull out pieces of carbon fibers compromising the bolt
Also you need a perfect cut end for the contacts to function correctly and no residue to mess up installation.
It can be done on a previously nocked bolt but new never inserted bolts are the way to go
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I've used the Lumenoks for two seasons now on same batteries and they have been flawless. I ordered them already installed in carbon bolts with brass inserts from Burnt Coyote Co. so that I would know they worked from the factory and my ability to install was not in the equation. I will be making my own bolts next year and installing new lumenoks.

Will never go back to using non lighted arrows. The ability to see your point of impact has been a valuable tool in recognizing shot placement. Have not tried other brands but ease of use, reliability and long battery life will keep me on the lumenoks. Hope this helps.

F