Wheres the old timers?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Re: Wheres the old timers?

Post by ComfyBear »

This forum has changed or should I say evolved. Having joined in 2001, even before the start of this present forum, I'm one of the original and founding members. Over the past decade, I've seen an awful lot of water passing under the bridge. After seeing hundreds of members come and go, I've come to the realization that there comes a time that, for the sake of one's sanity, it is best to take a break or even move on to newer pastures.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Missin

Post by Missin »

I have a new theory. The past members are the ones trying to sell us latex mattresses, memory foam, mulberry bags and TOD's shoes. :lol:

If the old members are here though i would like it if they did post on the boards and not answer questions through PM. If its in a PM then the wisdom isnt there for others to see and to be shared. As with most people alot of my questions are answered just by reading old and current posts.
jetnet22

Post by jetnet22 »

wow..didn't know there was such a thing :shock:
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

I really haven't posted much in the last few months. I am not one of the oldtimers here, only been around about a year. It seemed for a while there were alot of people jumping on myself or others for sharing an opinion or their own experiences. Not going into specifics but I understand not everyone will agree on everything but I would never jump on someone who has a different view than me. For me I prefer to read the forum mostly every day, just sometimes don't feel like posting.

One person here that I miss reading is Boo. I purchased one of his strings last year at the Sportsmens Show in Toronto after having my pheonix for about a month. I asked him for a few pointers. Without knowing me at all he PM'd me a lengthy note on how to set it up and all the do and don'ts. It was an enormus help to me. I have to figure with how busy that guy must be yet he took the time to help someone he doesn't even know!!

Anyways, Boo if you're out there, Thanks!! Hope to see your posts on here once again!! As well as some of the other guys that have faded over time you are all part of the reason I still read this forum almost every day! :D
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Pinpoint wrote: Anyways, Boo if you're out there, Thanks!! Hope to see your posts on here once again!! ! :D
Boo is like Batman . . .when you really need him, he will be there. 8)

Anyways, I agree with you 100%. Boo knows crossbows and all else archery.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

It's almost like being in a relationship, being apart of this forum. Initially the feeling and the desire is hot and heavy :wink: , lot's of posting, can't get enough of each other. As soon as you get through the front door you dash to hug your keyboard to see what kind of juicy hunting gossip has taken place since you checked before you left your house in the morning. :roll:

This could go on for months. Then you settle down a bit. Still hugging your keyboard, but maybe only once in the evening just before bed. Occassionally going wild and crazy, when deer season or turkey season gets the heart in the mood.

Then you might slow down a bit more, although the love is still there, it is just not as intense. A disagreement can send you packing.

Then there are those who can't keep their hands off their keyboards, no matter how long they have had each other.

Just the way it works.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

chris4570 wrote:It's almost like being in a relationship, being apart of this forum. Initially the feeling and the desire is hot and heavy :wink: , lot's of posting, can't get enough of each other. As soon as you get through the front door you dash to hug your keyboard to see what kind of juicy hunting gossip has taken place since you checked before you left your house in the morning. :roll:

This could go on for months. Then you settle down a bit. Still hugging your keyboard, but maybe only once in the evening just before bed. Occassionally going wild and crazy, when deer season or turkey season gets the heart in the mood.

Then you might slow down a bit more, although the love is still there, it is just not as intense. A disagreement can send you packing.

Then there are those who can't keep their hands off their keyboards, no matter how long they have had each other.

Just the way it works.
That's a great comparison Chris!! :lol: True...very true!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I to would like to see Boo post again just as Pinpoint said, but it would be hard to see it happen after the attacks he got from a few members last yr, I'm sure he's watching even if he doesn't post

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

**Respectfully deleted, for now.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

One of the very few threads where guys actually (the guilty ones) went back and deleted their posts (boo, you and others) knowing they were way out of line.
First pyd this wasn't meant to cause this, second you got it dead wrong about who has deleted post, I HAVE NEVER DELETED A POST OR A COMMENT THAT I'VE EVER TYPED ON HERE. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU ACCUSE PEOPLE OF SOMETHING. THIS IS PART THE REASON SOME HAVE GONE, SOME JUST DON'T GET IT
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Gwens Dilemma

Post by Gwens Dilemma »

Just a short followup. Wheelie's response to my post on page 1 is another reason this old bull sits back.I enjoy posts like Laura's Ohio hunt and Vixchix's appreciation of her husband, all the successful hunts and all our personal hurts and trials. I miss Woody Williams 'cause I LOVE Calvin. I can't begin to think of all that I enjoy but there are some that ask for advice, just to show us ol' guys how dumb we are. I just thank God I had a good mentor when I knew it all :lol: Special thanks should go to Bill & Kath for giving all of us a place to learn and exchange ideas and barbs. :wink:
Dave
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Boo came forward to help me out countless times just because. He does'nt need a reason. He's one of the good guys. :D
Pinpoint wrote:I really haven't posted much in the last few months. I am not one of the oldtimers here, only been around about a year. It seemed for a while there were alot of people jumping on myself or others for sharing an opinion or their own experiences. Not going into specifics but I understand not everyone will agree on everything but I would never jump on someone who has a different view than me. For me I prefer to read the forum mostly every day, just sometimes don't feel like posting.

One person here that I miss reading is Boo. I purchased one of his strings last year at the Sportsmens Show in Toronto after having my pheonix for about a month. I asked him for a few pointers. Without knowing me at all he PM'd me a lengthy note on how to set it up and all the do and don'ts. It was an enormus help to me. I have to figure with how busy that guy must be yet he took the time to help someone he doesn't even know!!

Anyways, Boo if you're out there, Thanks!! Hope to see your posts on here once again!! As well as some of the other guys that have faded over time you are all part of the reason I still read this forum almost every day! :D
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

When there is a argument that takes place on the forum it is for all to see. A pm is a much better method. This would prevent any public humiliation. People would not have to see someone getting in someone elses face and perhaps we could keep some members, piss someone off to the point that they leave, then everyone suffers.

Please dont let this thread get ugly.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Ill be 50 next mth so im not an oldtimer yet but im here been lurkin about..workin on cars, duck hunting, blasting yotes and reloading ammo..been trying to sleep in between...not getting enough
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Come on folks, Past is the past and we can't go back and change it. I am sure there isn't a person in this world that if you could, wouldn't go back and change something in there life. You learn from it and move on. Don't see why this subject keeps popping up all the time. Treat others as you would like to be treated and all is well. Feelings can be hurt easily on here. You work it out with the person and move along. You don't even have to respond to that person no more. I am sure some don't like me and that's life. Not my loss. Look at what munch went through and he is still around. I felt sorry for the **** kicking he took. Even I said some things back then to him I likely should have not said. I learned from it and don't get into those things anymore. He got over it and moved along with class. So let's all just move along and leave the past in the past.

Sorry munch and not trying to drag you in, just using it as an example.