NY'ers can now use a DRAW LOCK???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Old Jim

Re: NY'ers can now use a DRAW LOCK???

Post by Old Jim »

Give it up! You keep trying to compare a motorized bike to an Automobile. This rinny-tin-tin can be fun to some, but PLEASE don't try to compare it to a X-bow. Two completely different animals
jag

Post by jag »

OOOOKKKKK!
Thanks for the communications and good luck,
Super 91

Post by Super 91 »

I was able to handle one of these bows at the ATA show, and I was VERY impressed with what Jerry has to offer. I was only able to see this bow via the internet on you tube prior to this as there were no dealers in the area, but what I saw intrigued me.

I was not sold on the idea much till I had one in hand. I thought it was cool, but once I had my hands on one, and was able to draw one, I was hooked. This is not some cheap gimmick, this thing really works.

I hope to get one in soon and play around with it myself. It is going to be fun and easy to shoot. My kids are going to have a blast with this. Even my wife said she would shoot if she had something like to use.

So to those of you who have not seen one, don't knock it till you try it. If you guys in NY want full inclusion, I would be VERY glad to get at least this device in the door. It's your next step to getting full inclusion in your state.
See4miles

Post by See4miles »

One thing we should do is remember that we were (and still are) outcasts for being crossbow people. We shouldn't be so harsh to judge variations of bows and crossbows so easily. If its not your cup of tea, so be it. But some are going to like it.
Under the letter of the law, it gets grouped with crossbows for some obvious reasons. Lets support it then.
I've looked at them on the website. I wouldn't be interested in having one, but I can appreciate the machine that it is, and the thought that went into it. the Draw Loc package with their own little bow is a sweet little set-up. Certain people will be able to use this more easily than a crossbow due to the ease of draw.
In the Wind.......
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

we can twist this 100 ways, but the manufactures i have spoken to simply said their bows are not designed to be held at full draw for extended periods of time. this makes sense to me when you think of the endless hours day in day out you spend in a tree stand waiting for deer. so for a previous poster stating that yea just take it off and don't ell em or that all limbs are made in the same place are nonsense at best.
i personally am not going to spend 700 bucks or more on a vertical bow to leave it on a bow hanger all day at full draw day after day when the manufacturer says "DO NOT".
jag

Post by jag »

What I can't understand is, if there is no difference in the limbs of a crossbow and compound bow, what is it that your going to hurt. The 6061 aluminum riser, or maybe it is the strings or cables that are made out of the material as a crossbow? It just less strands because of the much higher poundage of a crossbow. I guess some bows are built better than others if some are OK with it. I can tell you this, you can search or research high and low and it will be hard to find a bow that has been harmed by leaving the bow back for hours each day while hunting. I know of a good number of bow limbs that have broken by guys that are just shooting by hand. Lets be fair about this, if a bow company does not warranty there bow it's not because they think it will hurt it, it's because they want to wash their hands of the responsiblity. If I had an $800 Mathews, Hoyt or Bowtech and COULD NOT use it because I had a bad shoulder, you think the warranty would bother me. Hell, If I have an $800 bow that I can't use and I might could get $400 for it if I tried to sell it on ebay. I think I will take my chances and forget the warranty. I WANT TO HUNT!!!!!
jag

Post by jag »

FYI. I found out how much a pair of limbs for a Mathews Switch Back is $120 -$150 for a pair. AND YOU GUY'S ARE WORRIED ABOUT A WARRANTY?
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Never seen a drawlock till yesterday. Really no different than a crossbow. I would say it is a final step before legalizing crossbows. I would bring up that arguement next go around.