Hunting Licenses. How much is too much?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hiking

Re: Hunting Licenses. How much is too much?

Post by hiking »

here in new jersey mine cost $144.00, thats for 5 months of deer hunting(gun and bow) thats for unlimited doe and 4 bucks. turkey hunting is out of hand. they break the season down to 5 diffrent segments @ $21.00 each. thankfully we have a great striper bass run at the same time, so I do that instead. I get out a lot in the 5 months, so I think it breaks down to less than $3.00 a day to enjoy the outdoors, plus get some venison. think of the cost of a pro sporting event (hocky tickets ect) or going to a play or even the movies.
I hate the increased cost, but they are still a a great deal in my mind.
exocet 200
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

hiking wrote:here in new jersey mine cost $144.00, thats for 5 months of deer hunting(gun and bow) thats for unlimited doe and 4 bucks. turkey hunting is out of hand. they break the season down to 5 diffrent segments @ $21.00 each. thankfully we have a great striper bass run at the same time, so I do that instead. I get out a lot in the 5 months, so I think it breaks down to less than $3.00 a day to enjoy the outdoors, plus get some venison. think of the cost of a pro sporting event (hocky tickets ect) or going to a play or even the movies.
I hate the increased cost, but they are still a a great deal in my mind.
That's a good way to look at it. Not too bad when you break it down like that.
As for the pro sporting events.....just the price of a beer there is enough to cause sticker shock!! :shock:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
xbowholic

Post by xbowholic »

Here in Arkansas we pay 25.00 for a sportmans license; that allows 5 deer (only 2 bucks and they have to have 3 points on one side to be legal), all turkey tags which includes spring tags, and all small game; this 25.00 license includes ALL methods of weapons, muzzleloader,crossbow,modern gun,compound,and traditional equipment; we have 5 full months of archery season (crossbows for all ages,no restrictions) Oct 1 thru Feb 28 (no breaks); the only other thing you have to buy is duck stamps, both state and federal which is another 22.00; so one can fill as many freezers as you want to for less than 50.00 total;

Non residents licenses is 55.00 for all small game (year) but if one wants to deer hunt it's a whopping 300.00-(year)-for licenses which covers everything; Arkansas does however offer "trip licenses" ....5-day all game..150.00 or 3-day all game..100.00 which allows a hunter to hunt everything;

Living in Arkansas does have its advantages........ :D