Composite stock Excalibur, Axiom SMF

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dereck

Re: Composite stock Excalibur, Axiom SMF

Post by Dereck »

Are the trigger units the same can a rail from that be put with an existing riser and trigger?
Tenpoint Matrix
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

David,

No problem with the cleaning, just hose it off like I do the kids. :D

Looks like they rounded off the rail. Great idea.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ch312

Post by ch312 »

gerald strine wrote:In my opinion My brothers metal rail model Axiom is going up in value if this is replacing it looks like the rail is made out of a milk crate.
I love my Excalibur but this is not getting me excited over a new model.
x2

i'll stick with my exomax. this thing would be a pain to clean and ill never trust plastic over metal for anything. i wonder if the plastic they used is effected in severe cold? from what i've seen, most plastics become brittle in -20 weather...
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't think durability is going to be an issue, the entire rear suspension system in my father in laws new truck is the same material.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
cevans

Post by cevans »

If its cheaper than a Vixon II I will buy one for the live in girlfriend that loves to deer hunt. She will love it. So there is a place for this and I am sure its as great a killing machine as my Exomax. Excalibur stakes their reputation on this and I have all the confidence they know what they are doing. Besides,,all their bows are more or less , high end compaired to the other compound cross bows outthere. Hope they capture the low end market as that will only in the end, lead to high end sales after the people have bought this one, they will only want a higher end Xbow. Smart on their part. :)
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I would like to see one but from the picture i dont like the look and i hope they dont do that to all the other models
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Now this is a joke so no one take me seriously. :)

When we all first learned how to ride a bicycle we had to have training wheels . This is no different than some people with their first crossbow . When some people look at their first bow they are intimidated ,so it is logical for them to need a compound for their first bow . When you finally get some confidence you graduate to an EXCALIBUR . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

What sold me on Excalibur in the first place was when i picked one up and i could feel the craftmanship was not cheap like all the others and i picked up the phone and talked to some company reps and hands down The people at Excalibur were the nicest and acted like they had time for me where no one else did.
Im glad i went with Excalibur.
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

Most plastics harden with age.Metal will last longer than you will. Of course plastic is CHEAPER.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Of course plastic is CHEAPER.
And I think that's the whole point. Excalibur is trying to offer a lower priced bow to the market and cutting costs on the rail is certainly one way to do it. I'm just glad they're not trying to cut costs on things such as trigger mechanisms and limbs. From what I've heard the perfomance on this bow is not at all comprimised. It's still a tack driver. As for durability? Modern composite plastics are VERY durable and don't degrade over time like some cheap and older plastics. I believe this new rail is also steel re-enforced so I'm sure it's more than strong enough to do the job.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

planter wrote:I bet that post is "really" nice Willy boy. I sure hope no one takes one post willy seriously. Would it be improper to call him a maggot without even checking the link??

Danger Danger Will Robinson. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Too Funny :lol: :lol: haven't heard that in yrs, and yes he is Mr. Smith

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
ow81

Post by ow81 »

Why in the Excalibur brochure I have does the axiom's rail look like all the other rails. Am I looking at a new or old style. There is no date on the cover so I can't tell you what year it is although I assume it's 2011.
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

The Axiom introduced last year had the same rail as the rest of the models. The rail being discussed in this post is the new model and can be seen when you click on Axiom (in the left hand margin) on the Excalibur Homepage.