Serving life

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: Serving life

Post by j.krug »

strum wrote:This post said " serving life" I thought someone got married :D
Now that right there is FUNNY!! :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

when did excal go to blue dacron strings, mine was green/brown and way more strands to it....looks like a FFF string......bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
knobby

Post by knobby »

dang....you rotated your string at 400 shots....you are currently at 800 shots and still on original serving?

I find that hard to believe based on my experience. My Exocet 200 I would estimate I am lucky to get 50 shots before there is noticeable serving separation....and at 100 shots I am replacing the string and keeping the old as a backup.

I am really feeling the need to learn to make my own strings....or at least how to re-serve them.
Boo

Post by Boo »

knobby wrote:dang....you rotated your string at 400 shots....you are currently at 800 shots and still on original serving?

I find that hard to believe based on my experience. My Exocet 200 I would estimate I am lucky to get 50 shots before there is noticeable serving separation....and at 100 shots I am replacing the string and keeping the old as a backup.

I am really feeling the need to learn to make my own strings....or at least how to re-serve them.
If you are using the Excel string then you need a few twists in it. The more twists the better. Make sure the serving is black.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
End of the road

Post by End of the road »

knobby wrote:dang....you rotated your string at 400 shots....you are currently at 800 shots and still on original serving?
Knobby, I think I am closer to about 900 shots now and only reversed the string once. I don’t really believe it either and don't know if I am doing something special or just lucky. Because of Boo’s comments I looked at the claws on my Exocet and they are clean and smooth with no sharp edges. Maybe I just got a good trigger assembly on my bow. I do keep the sting well waxed with the Excal wax and have about 4 twists in my string.
Dash

Post by Dash »

Boo wrote:

If you are using the Excel string then you need a few twists in it. The more twists the better. Make sure the serving is black.
Hi Boo, You got me thinkin, why make sure the serving is black ?
Boo

Post by Boo »

The black serving is Angel Majesty (0.026") and resists separation. On the 175 lb bows it does not make any difference but that string is highly recommended for the 225 and 200 lb bows.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
knobby

Post by knobby »

Boo wrote:

Hmmmmmm good to know. I never knew that. The strings I have had problems with...(just looked at a couple) have serving on them that is sort of a gray color.

The last new string I bought does indeed have black serving. I will have to pay attention to how many shots I get and if it holds up better.
It is on the bow now but doesn't have many shots on it.