Dissipator Pads a Crackin....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

J_Roc

Dissipator Pads a Crackin....

Post by J_Roc »

Ok so I took the string off without taking the pads off,

Now ive been told the pads will crack...my question is which ones...the ones further to the outside or the two lil ones closer to the inside of the xbow.

the reason i ask, the two little tiny ones closest to the inside of the bow, as in close to where the limbs are bolted in, have cracked. It seems to me like the bigger pads on the outsides would prevent the other ones from being over compressed if unstringed?

So now that it is cracked where do I pick some up??

thanks guys
J_Roc
Excalibur Exomax
S5 System
J_Roc

Re: Dissipator Pads a Crackin....

Post by J_Roc »

So its not the big one closest to you rather the lil one being sandwiched futher to the top left
J_Roc
Excalibur Exomax
S5 System
Boo

Post by Boo »

With the bow still strung remove the pads that are held down by 2 allen bolts off. Then you can unstring your bow. The shinny pads between the limbs and DB bars will eventually crack no mater what.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
J_Roc

Post by J_Roc »

Ok thanks Boo!

I gather this will not affect anything??

Thanks again, I was really worried after forgeting to take the pads off, I checked them over and theyre fine but like I said the other two cracked... but if this is ok then i can sleep easy lol.
J_Roc
Excalibur Exomax
S5 System
Boo

Post by Boo »

J_Roc wrote:Ok thanks Boo!

Thanks again, I was really worried after forgeting to take the pads off, I checked them over and theyre fine but like I said the other two cracked... but if this is ok then i can sleep easy lol.
If it were my bow I would remove the DB bars completely but I've seen guys shoot their bows with those shiny, black square buffers broken up but still buffering and have seen no ill affect. Anytime I remove them they don't go back on. There is only a 2 dB affect from those bars and pads.
J_Roc

Post by J_Roc »

Ok thanks for your help!
J_Roc
Excalibur Exomax
S5 System
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote:If it were my bow I would remove the DB bars completely.
AWWW but the BLING BLING looks so good on there! :) :)
Steve_Guelph

Post by Steve_Guelph »

I have tried so many SAE metric sizes and can't find the right size...what size key is it?
Micro Nightmare (Chucky)
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Boo wrote:

If it were my bow I would remove the DB bars completely but I've seen guys shoot their bows with those shiny, black square buffers broken up but still buffering and have seen no ill affect. Anytime I remove them they don't go back on. There is only a 2 dB affect from those bars and pads.
Boo my question to you or anyone who knows is, when the DB bars are removed, can the original bolts and washers be used or do you use a shorter bolt and a different type of washer? And at that point the only thing holding the limbs on is the bolt and washer the entire DB bar assembly is removed correct?
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Onetimeonly x--> wrote:
Boo wrote:

Boo my question to you or anyone who knows is, when the DB bars are removed, can the original bolts and washers be used or do you use a shorter bolt and a different type of washer? And at that point the only thing holding the limbs on is the bolt and washer the entire DB bar assembly is removed correct?
there is a resessed washer and a nilon washer and a shorter bolt to put limbs back on and then shorter bolts for the little crossmember piece that also goes back on.
Onetimeonly x-->

Thanks Wheelie, I take it Excal is who I would contact for the bolts and washers.
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

You can get the beveled washers at most Excalibur dealers my local shop had them in stock.
Or you can do what I did with my kids Vixen one of the d bars was bent slightly so I cut them off and kept the beveled part.
Tenpoint Matrix
Boo

Post by Boo »

You'll need 2 recoil plates (the long plates with the black rubber), 2 bevelled washers and 4 bolts that are fully threaded for the recoil plates. The main bolts at the inner end of the limbs are just short enough. It's so close that if you leave the black plastic washers out (they are under the DB bars) it is too long.
Danny Miller has and knows what you need. 740 483 2312
Onetimeonly x-->

Dereck wrote:You can get the beveled washers at most Excalibur dealers my local shop had them in stock.
Or you can do what I did with my kids Vixen one of the d bars was bent slightly so I cut them off and kept the beveled part.
I'll look into it thanks again!
Wabi Custom Calls
Godspeed!!
Scott