excalibur true or false ? food for thought...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: excalibur true or false ? food for thought...

Post by Doe Master »

:D Tell you what Kevin just send in your bow . I`ll tune it up good, real good !!! :lol: :lol:
I`ve seen how well a dremel grinder can work on a trigger unit . :shock:
You were saying your bow is front heavy . I can take care of that as well . :lol:
http://www.alchemycastings.com/lead-pro ... eights.htm
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Doe Master wrote::D Tell you what Kevin just send in your bow . I`ll tune it up good, real good !!! :lol: :lol:
I`ve seen how well a dremel grinder can work on a trigger unit . :shock:
You were saying your bow is front heavy . I can take care of that as well . :lol:
http://www.alchemycastings.com/lead-pro ... eights.htm
OHHHH sounds good. Boo done the trigger with a bench grinder I think so it is good but............ Would 32 pounds on each limb hold it steady for me or should we put more than that? :D :D How much would we need on the back then? Wouldn't want over 100 pounds on back of bow, or it would hurt my bad back pulling the bow wagon with to much weight.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

The holes serve three purposes. One: is to reduce weight. Two: is to increase cooling as a result of intense rapid fire. Three: is so we have something to talk about when there is no deer season and we are just under two months to turkey season. :P
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
TPM

Post by TPM »

blackjack wrote:
Doe Master wrote:The holes are used as a locator for machining . Also to allow chips and coolant to pass through . Anybody who have drilled or machined know how much a pain it is to have this stuff involved while anodizing . :?
sorry but l dont think so mate..regards frank
I can assure you DoeMaster is correct. I had the pleasure of touring the Excal plant a few years ago and actually watched the CNC machines in action machining the risers. The holes lines up with a series of pins in order to hold the riser in place during the various stages of the machining operation.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Boo

Post by Boo »

blackjack wrote:g'day, its just a pondering thought. but l was wondering about the holes in the riser where the new S5 bumpers fit. was bill.t thinking about terry''s munch mount when they were made ? or had bill.t been thinking of this great idea for a long time. for what ever use do they have the hole's in the riser..regards frank
I can assure you that Bill has more class than to do that. Look at the riser and you'll see no points for it to be located on the fixture for autocad machines.
Some people just like stepping on rakes